Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removing door sill scuff plates

peterg1955

Monza
I haven't posted much on here but have read loads of threads for info and advice which has been really useful but now I need a little advice.

I have acquired some unused Design911 stainless sill plates from a friend in another group (996 Facebook owners) and just wanted to check that the factory plastic scuff panels are just stuck on?

They feel really solid at first inspection (not surprising I guess as they have stayed on for 15 years) so I just need to ensure they aren't somehow bolted down using hidden fixings or something before I start levering them off.

Thanks in advance.

Demort recently told me that's the case on the 987 so most likely is the same on yours. He'll most likely be on here after 7 to answer your question.

My s/s ones were double sided stickied on.

Thanks all, much appreciated... I hope the car won't be rotten underneath them as the rest of it is immaculate ;-)

Chris Franklin at CG described it after working on the suspension etc for a day as "for a 15 year old 911 it is magnificent", which was nice :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back