Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What badges are these?

michaelbbwalker said:
T8 said:
They look like the letters applied as standard to the 991 so ordering them from an OPC will ensure you get the correct ones.

Be prepared to wince at the asking price though.

fwiw I think they look fine. Any cosmetic modifications made to standard cars are subjective.

Thanks. Any idea on the price? I had a look before on I think design 911, something like this:
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod13958/-PORSCHE---Rear-Lid-Badge-Porsche-991/
60 odd quid... I just wasn't sure what were the right badges to get... are they difficult to fit? I would screw it up no doubt...

I'm sure I've seen them in a presentation style box in an OPC for about £120.

The design911 site says theirs are 'Genuine Porsche' so they might be the same but maybe not in such a nice box. :dont know:

Either way I think there would probably be a template enclosed. You tape that to the car and place the letters in the spaces provided.

Make sure you buy genuine ones from a 991.1 they are about £85 the replicas are not as good quality. get them from your OPC available is silver/chrome or matt black .
spacing is the key as the template the opc has is only for a 991 so measure a car while your there. I am sure the spacing is about one letter between each letter. Start with the middle S and work out both ways . I personally like the letters and they look far better than the matt grey carrera badge that's on the 997.1 which looks very dated now.

Here's mine done a couple of weeks ago on the aqua car and how my 997.1 looked prior to selling it :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2056_126.jpg
    img_2056_126.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5,029
  • car1b_237.jpg
    car1b_237.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 5,020
Watch your spelling though as you dont want to end up like the Dubai Porsche centre with this pic. :floor: :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• 29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_379.jpg
    29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_379.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5,016
Ah PORSHCE.....my favourite Supercra,,,,,, :grin:

Porschekit said:
Ah PORSHCE.....my favourite Supercra,,,,,, :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

You can laugh but ive seen it done at an OPC , my buddy on the ramp next to me and x2 salesman didnt even notice and said good job !

Buy the OPC ones and as has been said spaceing is the difficult part , plenty of masking tape to get the dimensions correct .

The template for a 991 is a rather large and expensive afair , nothing for 997 obviously but if you like it then go for it .. its a lot better than some of the badges ive seen over the years ..

Cayenne GT3 anyone ?
996 Turbo S with no turbos and black calipers .. etc etc .

Brought mine second hand from ebay. £100 the lot.

badge.jpg

Thank you all for the replies guys, I will give OPC Cardiff a call and see what price they quote me :) design911 lists the part number as 99155923500 so will see if I get the same from OPC...

I asked my OPC for a badge template, and they said they just use masking take and a tape measure.

So I spent a bit of time in there measuring up a 991 before went home and did the same.

Here's the measurements if you need them.
=================================
Apparently, the important bit is to keep the badge in line with the slightly curved edge of the spoiler and not to fit them straight.

The Porsche 'S' is in the centre of the boot, and each letter is 80mm from left edge to left edge etc.

The start of the letter 'a' in Carrera is in the centre, then measure the distance from the centre to the end of the word 'Carrera' and mark the other side for the start of the '9'.
The top right edge of the '9' is vertical to the bottom left of the '1', and the same goes for the other '1' but add 2mm.

markup.jpg

dup post.

I think our Chinese chums do some 'knock off' exact copies via eBay :dont know:

Les said:
Brought mine second hand from ebay. £100 the lot.

badge.jpg

Thats nice Les , I didnt have space on the gen 2 for two lines of letters due to the curve of the spoiler otherwise I would have done the same as the gen 1 and put 911 under the porsche word. :thumb: interestingly doing it the way I did it using a letter as the gap between letters gave me 81mm face to face So more or less the same as you got.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back