Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

They're on :)

Seventy Seven said:
effy said:
Seventy Seven said:
Looks great, have thought of doing similar myself.

I would go for a silver rim if I did, but that's just my opinion to reduce impact of blending with the tyre.

I think a silver car with black wheels looks fab :thumb:

How about rear black badges and discreet door script like the GTS....?

I've got a Black S coming for the rear I'm currently on the fence with the black door decals :?:

Is it the same size badge as the original, as could not find one when searching.

Defo the Carrera S door decals - wheels, badge, decals .... Job done!

Looks great effy even better on the car :thumb: :thumb: I am all for adding the little personal touches like coloured S and door script graphics. if you can't bring yourself to do acid green then Blacks a close second :floor: :floor: and don't forget a black hood crest, here some options to tempt you :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• hoodcrests1312433533_173.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_173.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 6,823
  • dsc_0142_1_1_103.jpg
    dsc_0142_1_1_103.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 6,823
Taking a step by step approach worked for me. Black wheels first, then black rear badge, then black door decals. Happy with it, GTS looky-likey :wink:

IMG_1352.jpg

MJA911 said:
Taking a step by step approach worked for me. Black wheels first, then black rear badge, then black door decals. Happy with it, GTS looky-likey :wink:

IMG_1352.jpg

I'm going to try the Black S first, if I think it looks good I'll order the rest, I've got some Black carrera door decals coming, like you said step by step, your's looks good by the way :thumbs:

MJA911 said:

IMG_1352.jpg

That does look lovely, I can't even see where some acid green would help :floor: :floor: ,maybe black to the lower section of the mirrors is all I can add to that great photo, nice job :thumb: :grin:

Can I ask what wheels are they
And what size for the 997.1 turbo
Thanks

Great contrast between the silver, black roof and the wheels.
That red flash across the back just complements the whole visual experience.
It's the absolute bomb :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
That does look lovely, I can't even see where some acid green would help :floor: :floor: ,maybe black to the lower section of the mirrors is all I can add to that great photo, nice job :thumb: :grin:

Now that's a good idea, thanks! (black to the lower section of the mirrors that is, haha) a job for the plastidip to try it I think :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Phil 997 said:

Now that's a good idea, thanks! (black to the lower section of the mirrors that is, haha) a job for the plastidip to try it I think :thumb:

Great way to try the plastidip :thumb: :grin:

Barrow said:
Can I ask what wheels are they
And what size for the 997.1 turbo
Thanks

If it's a question about my car, wheels are Carrera Sport, 8.5 J x 19 front and 11.5 J x 19 rear with 235/35 and 305/30 tyres. Never seen them on a Turbo though :dont know:

Phil 997 said:
Seventy Seven said:
effy said:
Seventy Seven said:
Looks great, have thought of doing similar myself.

I would go for a silver rim if I did, but that's just my opinion to reduce impact of blending with the tyre.

I think a silver car with black wheels looks fab :thumb:

How about rear black badges and discreet door script like the GTS....?

I've got a Black S coming for the rear I'm currently on the fence with the black door decals :?:

Is it the same size badge as the original, as could not find one when searching.

Defo the Carrera S door decals - wheels, badge, decals .... Job done!

Looks great effy even better on the car :thumb: :thumb: I am all for adding the little personal touches like coloured S and door script graphics. if you can't bring yourself to do acid green then Blacks a close second :floor: :floor: and don't forget a black hood crest, here some options to tempt you :grin: :thumb:

Where r these from?
I'd love a black and white one to go with the white 997.
Aside from wheels it's going to be dechromed shortly..

mr pg said:
Sorry not a fan of black. All detail gets lost meaning you can barely see the wheel and it just merges into the tyre.

Paint your tyre wall's white.... It'll look well cool :lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
mr pg said:
Sorry not a fan of black. All detail gets lost meaning you can barely see the wheel and it just merges into the tyre.

Paint your tyre wall's white.... It'll look well cool :lol:

Once you reach the grand old age of 25, you'll realise that black wheels are just for the Fiesta/Focus ST set. :D

I'm not a fan of black wheels, as already mentioned, the detail is lost and could be any design of wheel from 5 metres.

Looks great my friend, i like it.

Black and graphite wheels are for heros whos taste others only dream of!

Sadly some on here are getting on, eyesight starting to go etc so they struggle to see a wheel on a beautiful car. Don't be offended, after all knitted cardigans with elbow patches tend to suit those types!!

Each to their own, gents.

Attachments

• vent_197.png
    vent_197.png
    800.7 KB · Views: 1,879
  • vent_114.png
    vent_114.png
    800.7 KB · Views: 1,879
cliffbase said:
Looks great my friend, i like it.

Black and graphite wheels are for heros whos taste others only dream of!

Sadly some on here are getting on, eyesight starting to go etc so they struggle to see a wheel on a beautiful car. Don't be offended, after all knitted cardigans with elbow patches tend to suit those types!!

Each to their own, gents.

Personal taste, if you like them that's all that matters :thumb:

I always assumed dark paint dark wheels, light paint light wheels was the rule of thumb. Unless Phil gets his acid green rattle can out again on his new gen2, then tear the rulebook up :grin:

If it was me I would certainly introduce other black options. Blend the wheels in a bit more, suggest the Porsche side transfers would help, and silver rim protectors maybe calipers refinished in high gloss silver with Porsche in black. The opportunities are endless when restyling to be individual.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back