Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Great video and the car is looking stunning :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks fellas, glad you enjoyed it. I'm in London right now with my lady friend and returning for a Friday collection. I'm excited to see it finally sitting at the 'correct' ride height. I've focused so much on the ride aspect of the upgrade I haven't really thought much about how much better it will handle so I'm looking forward to finding out all this.

Phase 12

So rather unusually I have a further update very soon after the last one. This is because of the suspension saga, and the fact the last video was already longer than I'd have liked so I decided to split it into two. And also of course the suspension wasn't sorted by the time I was ready to post the last stuff.

My road trip starts tomorrow so I will write a proper update on my return but I wanted to post this video. I'm hoping to post some videos from the trip so I want to get them in the right order.

Let me know what you think of the finished product.

Another great vid :thumb: How are you finding the Ohlins?

DucatiRob said:
Another great vid :thumb: How are you finding the Ohlins?

Early days but as far as the trip down to Plymouth, I'm very happy with them. I need to drive it on a proper road before I make final judgement but as far as comfort, they are less crashy than my standard setup with lowering springs. Wasn't expecting an improvement in comfort.

Thought I'd share some photos from my trip

Araotz, Spain. A small village in the mountains were my lady's family original from and still have the village name as their family name.

Arrived in Monaco

French Alps

Reims

Please tell me that front plate was a temporary thing for the journey! :eek:

AdeD said:

Yes they are hot on front plats in Monaco. I have been driving around with no front number plate and yesterday as I left to go to Oulton Park I got stopped by police because of this plate. He said it was illegal. But my brother said to me that he never noticed I had no plate until I fitted the little one and it stood out more. Maybe why the cop pulled me. I've ordered a legal one now.

isysman said:
AdeD said:

Yes they are hot on front plats in Monaco. I have been driving around with no front number plate and yesterday as I left to go to Oulton Park I got stopped by police because of this plate. He said it was illegal. But my brother said to me that he never noticed I had no plate until I fitted the little one and it stood out more. Maybe why the cop pulled me. I've ordered a legal one now.

Thought as much - Phew! :D :D

Desert Dragon said:
Its a shame. 997 turbo/GT2 look so much better without front plates

Yeah I like the positioning of the plate but I have to replace it because I'm sure the cop will turn up like a bad smell to check it so I'll get a legal one and see how it looks.

Shame to drill into that nice new bumper for a standard plinth. How about fitting a short plate in the front intake? Or maybe cutting down one of those mounts that screw into the the tow hook socket?

Attachments

• image_959.jpeg
    image_959.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,019
  • image_854.jpeg
    image_854.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8,019

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member