Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo for 90K

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
I think I live in a parallel universe. I've browsed a few posts on this thread with interest. Having just spent 10 minutes in the boys room I picked up a copy of GT Porsche (September edition) and see that RSJ have 4 gen 1 turbo's for sale priced from £48 to £56k. 3 tip and one manual. They certainly seem plentiful. How come some are £90k? Ultra low mileage?

I think its still about the manual to be honest, the RSJ car is a silver manual with nearly 60k miles, and they are still looking for £57k :thumb:

I was thinking the manual commanded a premium but the difference between manual and tip don't seem huge. But I ain't no market guru. Anyway, nice to see turbo prices holding firm. :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
I think I live in a parallel universe. I've browsed a few posts on this thread with interest. Having just spent 10 minutes in the boys room I picked up a copy of GT Porsche (September edition) and see that RSJ have 4 gen 1 turbo's for sale priced from £48 to £56k. 3 tip and one manual. They certainly seem plentiful. How come some are £90k? Ultra low mileage?

I think its still about the manual to be honest, the RSJ car is a silver manual with nearly 60k miles, and they are still looking for £57k :thumb:

I was thinking the manual commanded a premium but the difference between manual and tip don't seem huge. But I ain't no market guru. Anyway, nice to see turbo prices holding firm. :thumbs:

Yes its nice to see Porsche's appreciating, its all been Lambo's and Fezza's having all the fun.

:thumb:

Norfolk & Idea said:
.......I picked up a copy of GT Porsche (September edition) and see that RSJ have 4 gen 1 turbo's for sale priced from £48 to £56k. 3 tip and one manual. They certainly seem plentiful. How come some are £90k? Ultra low mileage?

Yep, it's the low mileage that makes the difference.

If everything else is equal a manual will normally be advertised for about 10% more than a Tip' simply because of supply v demand.

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

RSJ do seem to price their cars pretty fairly and on the whole (one incident that I know of aside) they do get a good write-up.

I agree with Bobba, low miles is key in the Turbo market but the silver car does seem to represent good VFM when compared to some. You can improve a tired car but you can't [ligitimately] reverse high miles.

DaveH911 said:
apollokre1d said:
rabbitstew said:
Is it just me or do those wheels on that first one look shockingly bad?!

I think those are the worst wheels I've seen on a turbo.

Those wheels are disgustingly bad :nooo:

The second one looks nice, if a little down on power :?:
Will swap my OEM gen 2 turbo alloys for those alloys if someone buys this car:)

Callughan911 said:
DaveH911 said:
apollokre1d said:
rabbitstew said:
Is it just me or do those wheels on that first one look shockingly bad?!

I think those are the worst wheels I've seen on a turbo.

Those wheels are disgustingly bad :nooo:

The second one looks nice, if a little down on power :?:
Will swap my OEM gen 2 turbo alloys for those alloys if someone buys this car:)
To me, they would make more sense with a polished outer lip to at least make them look round!
OEM all the way.

Scholester said:
To me, they would make more sense with a polished outer lip to at least make them look round!
OEM all the way.

You can polish the outer lip all you want, it isn't going to turn carbon fibre silver ;)

Ishay said:
Scholester said:
OEM all the way.

You can polish the outer lip all you want, it isn't going to turn carbon fibre silver ;)

Oops! :oops: :grin:

Bikeracer1098 said:

I hope your right, my Gen2 with 9,000miles on should hopefully climb a little.
I don't think they'll go as far (%) as the 996, because the 991's are coming down, and there's not enough purist buyers, just the ones who will still want the latest shape, rather than the better car, so the space between them will restrict growth. Hope I'm wrong and I'm laughing like a F355 owner that bought in at £40k in 5-10 years!!

Do you think the mileage premium will be relative to the other cars in future, or simply just low miles, irrelevant of age. I'll be using mine, probably 3-5,000 miles a year, but I'm assuming so will the others who have already got 30k on the . Sure there'll be the odd one which just sits in the garage, but less and less with sub 10k... I'm hoping so as I want to use mine!!

Haha, £110K for a 2011 Turbo S, must give them a ring and see how much they offer for mine with less miles.. lol..

s2000db said:
Haha, £110K for a 2011 Turbo S, must give them a ring and see how much they offer for mine with less miles.. lol..

Under offer according to their website. They sold a black 2011 S with 25k a few weeks ago that was advertised at £100k.

Big money for sure but very few for sale at any given time. I am sure they would make you a good offer if you gave them an opportunity.

That same dealer sold a pretty average spec black Turbo S (not the most recent one) for 100k some time back, since then prices have climbed again it seems, to even higher levels.

Not hard to see why- I'd pick a 997 gen 2 Turbo S or just 997 gen 2 over any equivalent 991 which I have test driven as IMO it's a much better looking car, is more engaging and has the performance benefits of pdk and new engine with monster power plus the looks and feel of the rawer, previous cars.

The added performance of a 991.1 is not felt on the road in regular spirited/fast driving and the 997 gen 2 for me performance wise as right at the limit I would want anyway, anything more would not interest me as I find the 997.2 Turbo S bonkers enough :D

The 991.2 I can't comment on as I have not driven it- that is a level above speed wise, but is also very big money and has a lot of money to lose too most likely.

I'm interested to know what is considered "low spec" on a Gen 2 Turbo S
as most of the extras come included in S spec?

I'm not sure anything this side of a 991 gen 2 Turbo S can compete with the immediate thrust of the the 997 Turbo S (with 0-60 times tested by some at 2.7 secs).

I agree that the 997 shape is a more classic 911 look.
The 991 seems very big to me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back