Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can I buy a Porsche warranty without buying car from the OPC

umirza85

I'm looking to get another car, perhaps a Cayenne from around 2011/12. I'm just wondering if its possible to buy a a 2 year warranty from Porsche if I don't buy the car from them (but making sure it comes with a full service history of course)?

I've been doing a lot of searching online and nothing solid is coming up on this topic.

If this is possible what are the ages of car/mileage that are allowed?

Yes - taken from Porsche GB website:

"Unless purchased during the first 12 months of the Porsche New Car Guarantee, a Porsche Approved Warranty can only be purchased subject to your vehicle satisfying a 111 point check at a Porsche Centre (charge applies). The Porsche Approved Warranty can be purchased with a term of either one or two years. To be eligible to purchase a policy your vehicle must have less than 125,000 miles and be under 14 years old for a 1 year Insurance policy or 13 years old for a 2 year Insurance policy."

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/owningyourporsche/porschewarrantyperiods/

Fastlane said:
Yes - taken from Porsche GB website:

"Unless purchased during the first 12 months of the Porsche New Car Guarantee, a Porsche Approved Warranty can only be purchased subject to your vehicle satisfying a 111 point check at a Porsche Centre (charge applies). The Porsche Approved Warranty can be purchased with a term of either one or two years. To be eligible to purchase a policy your vehicle must have less than 125,000 miles and be under 14 years old for a 1 year Insurance policy or 13 years old for a 2 year Insurance policy."

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/owningyourporsche/porschewarrantyperiods/

Thats great thanks for that, I must have skipped over this page. This means I could even go for a 2008/09 Turbo without worrying about things breaking!

Does anyone have any experience with the used warranty? Hoping it would cost anything that goes wrong outside of things considered consumables?

Yes you can, but... there are criteria to be met

- The car has to be absolutely Porsche spec as it left the factory, that is N rated tyres, battery, (even screen wash if they could include it, :grin: )
- You must have owned the car for 90 days on the V5
- It must pass their 111 check, any items on the check list that are flagged must be completed pre warranty acceptable.
-15years young
- There's also a section on service history

To be sure of the latest 2017 criteria I'd give a OPC a telephone call and ask to be sent post or email the Porsche Extended Warranty contract and their latest prices. I do know the 2 year contract is cheaper than keep renewing it every year and saving the 111 checks every time.

That's about the crucks of it :thumb:

Fastlane said:
You're welcome. Re. your questions, see this thread http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=122288&highlight=warranty

Some great info, thanks!

MNC911 said:
Yes you can, but... there are criteria to be met

- The car has to be absolutely Porsche spec as it left the factory, that is N rated tyres, battery, (even screen wash if they could include it, :grin: )
- You must have owned the car for 90 days on the V5
- It must pass their 111 check, any items on the check list that are flagged must be completed pre warranty acceptable.
-15years young
- There's also a section on service history

To be sure of the latest 2017 criteria I'd give a OPC a telephone call and ask to be sent post or email the Porsche Extended Warranty contract and their latest prices. I do know the 2 year contract is cheaper than keep renewing it every year and saving the 111 checks every time.

That's about the crucks of it :thumb:

Good idea, I didnt realize they would give me pricing. Thanks for all the help everyone.

If this is the case with the warranty then I dont feel nervous about buying one that's even 10 years old as I'd still be able to get a warranty for a number of years.

Looking around an 08 or so Cayenne Turbo or GTS.... anyone have and thoughts on reliability between the two? is it really only the engine that's different between the two?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back