Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery dead, advice please

markturner1960

OK, as thread title, went to open car today in the garage and it would not unlock on the key button. It's been approx 3 weeks since I last used it and was behaving fine then.

Immediate issue is that I cant open the frunk - I manually unlocked the doors with the key, but the frunk and boot releases do not appear to work ( I assume they are powered by the battery or linked somehow in that case? )

I also saw something on the fusecover that would indicate bonnet release, but could not figure out how to do it....

Can someone advise please? Whats the best way to test a battery, would Halfords do it if I remove it? And is replacement straightforwards or does it need coding etc like in a BMW?

Cheers

Have a read here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=56267

Jump pack on the fuse board terminal is the normal way to open the bonnet .

Battery will need to be recharged and then tested .. any garage can do this .

markturner1960 said:
Can someone advise please? Whats the best way to test a battery, would Halfords do it if I remove it? And is replacement straightforwards or does it need coding etc like in a BMW?

Cheers

I'd be hooking the battery up to a CTEK charger and let it do its reconditioning cycle.

If that doesn't revive it, time for an 096 Bosch S5 battery, particularly if yours is currently a Moll, which are notorious for dying within a couple of years.

Changing the battery is simple: drop the drivers window all the way, leave the key in position 1 and disconnect the battery. Reconnect the new battery & then turn the ignition off. Putting the window back up with the door shut will tell the sensors where the top is. No coding is required but you'll need to reset the clock.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back