Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 v GT4

The driver of that 993 has much bigger cojones than me, impressive car control.

I think the passenger must have the most nerve / no brains or imagination.

Unfortunatly in a way it shows up the 993 weaknesses. The GT4 looks like its cruising around the Ring, alas the 993 does not. But then in defence of the 993, it is a 25 years old tech.

Fair play to the driver .... and passenger. Id have pulled over and cried in my helmet after the first 'moment'.

wozy said:
The GT4 looks like its cruising around the Ring, alas the 993 does not.

And there lies the beauty of old tech. Old School Analogue vs Modern Digital.
:thumb:

C.

That's a very well driven 993. Clearly a ring regular.
Guess passenger is the girlfriend who is well used to it by now and has full trust!

Well there's no disputing which would be the most exciting lap! But f**k those barriers look close! Braver than I'd be in my 993!!!

wozy said:
Unfortunatly in a way it shows up the 993 weaknesses. The GT4 looks like its cruising around the Ring, alas the 993 does not. But then in defence of the 993, it is a 25 years old tech.

Fair play to the driver .... and passenger. Id have pulled over and cried in my helmet after the first 'moment'.

I would have started that with "Fortunately it shows up the 993 strengths." :hand:

As I learned a long time ago, its not about fastest but most fun. There is always faster but not always more fun :bandit:

Do any of you still track your 993s. I ask because I've just bought a high mileage one and am thinking about a track day - OultonPark with PCGB in November (hope it's sunny like last year)

the guy drinving in the video is probably the most regular 993 poster on YouTube - he's f*ckin nuts. Rather him than me, his laps are truly scary - fair play!

honeydaze - I track, won't be able to make Oulton as it's just a bit too far from London but I've got 3 more track days on my Insurance to use up before March! Donnington would be a good one at some point before the weather gets bad. Also will be going to back to Brands Hatch GP, now that my car will pass the static noise test (failed it last time, as turns out the mufflers had been bypassed, now back to stock and it passes). Maybe too far for you though?

Good point about the noise test. My 993 has a Scart exhaust which Jaz installed for the previous owner. Noisy and burbles at tickover. Hopefully quiet enough at higher revs. I don't think PCGB Oulton Park track day has a noise test.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back