Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone recognise these centre caps?

Wulfy1966

i have just bought a 911 C2S which has red GT3 wheels but I need to replace the centre caps as they are looking tired now. I'm having no luck trying to source them but they do appear to be a factory item and not painted afterwards

Attachments

• img_1729_809.png
    img_1729_809.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,267
those arent GT3 wheels, they are 997 Gen Classic Wheels, that have been painted, so have the caps

2008_997S_SharkWerks_LWF_EVOMSit_Intake_Tubi_Exhaust_HRE_C93_Wheels_25.JPG

If the red part of the caps are okay you should be able to just replace the badges

Yes these are red GT3 wheels...

Attachments

• images_153.jpg
    images_153.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 8,230
  • img_4036_855.jpg
    img_4036_855.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,230
Ahh many thanks, I only described them as that as I found this ad whilst googling porsche red centre caps

911UK said:
those arent GT3 wheels, they are 997 Gen Classic Wheels, that have been painted, so have the caps

2008_997S_SharkWerks_LWF_EVOMSit_Intake_Tubi_Exhaust_HRE_C93_Wheels_25.JPG

Attachments

• img_1623_907.png
    img_1623_907.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8,227
on the tequipment genuine badges the crest is an item that could be carefully removed and then reapplied so I think thats what was done then the cap painted then the crest refixed giving an OE look to the cap.
hope that helps and Welcome to the forum we need more pics of the car :thumb:

Are the badges removable then? I thought it was just all one piece

jezgreen911 said:
If the red part of the caps are okay you should be able to just replace the badges

When i used to refurb wheels then i would mask around the badge and paint the caps what ever colour the customer wanted .. its not hard .. either a bodyshop , an indy or yourself could easily do it .

The genuine tequipment ones have removable crests but they are not the cheapest caps unfortunately :thumb:

This is the rear, no idea if these are tequipment tho

Phil 997 said:
The genuine tequipment ones have removable crests but they are not the cheapest caps unfortunately :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1765_115.jpg
    img_1765_115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,192
Wulfy1966 said:
This is the rear, no idea if these are tequipment tho

Nope, those are Porsche items.

So I bought a copy set off of ebay and tried to remove the badge. The first one I cut the the plastic away along the edge and tried to carefully prize away. This failed miserably as the badge buckled and bent.
Feeling I had nothing to lose I dropped the remaining ones in a bath of white spirit and left overnight. In the morning the badges had all fallen neatly out of the caps with no mess or damage. Now to swapping them over

Phil 997 said:
on the tequipment genuine badges the crest is an item that could be carefully removed and then reapplied so I think thats what was done then the cap painted then the crest refixed giving an OE look to the cap.
hope that helps and Welcome to the forum we need more pics of the car :thumb:

New painted centre caps fitted today, much happier now

Attachments

• img_1847_130.jpg
    img_1847_130.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7,769

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1