Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can I run without tips for a couple of weeks?

Easto

Getting them refurbed (if I can get them off!)
Will it melt the black insert without tips?

I've been using mine with the tips removed for a couple of weeks now, with no issues at all.

i do keep checking the rear bumper trim just in case, but so far so good.

i also removed mine to get them refurbished as they are in a right state, i think Porsche must have made the tips out of the cheapest scrap metal they could find.. and as for charging the best part of 600 quid for a new pair (GTS with PSE) they are having a laugh!

Ok - nice one.
Mines the turbo and has the black inserts in the bumpers so not sure if these are any closer to the tailpipe than a GTS.
I'll give it a whirl and keep an eye on them. Won't be any long runs anyway

Where r u having them refurbed?

I ran my 996 for a few weeks without tips and there were no issue.

I had previously searched on the forum and found another chap had used a company called www.silchrome.co.uk

I contacted them via email and they gave a very good price and a quick turn around time. I am yet to actually send them off as I need to get some cracks welded up first!!
I plan to get hem in the post at weekend.

basilbrush said:
I had previously searched on the forum and found another chap had used a company called www.silchrome.co.uk

I contacted them via email and they gave a very good price and a quick turn around time. I am yet to actually send them off as I need to get some cracks welded up first!!
I plan to get hem in the post at weekend.

Nice one - I will give them a call
I'm just looking at a gloss black ceramic coating currently but open to options so I'll see what they might recommend.
Doesn't have to be jet black, a dark chrome / nickel would be nice

Tips are off and boxed up. Took all my strength to crack the offside but all done and no rounding :)

Off for a black ceramic coating and semi-gloss finisher.

Will post pocs when done

Window tint guy coming week today also for rear quarters and back screen.
Then just the turbo badge to remove and either have sprayed black or white.

Easto said:
Tips are off and boxed up. Took all my strength to crack the offside but all done and no rounding :)

Will post pocs when done

I'm really interested in seeing the finished tips, they sound just the sort of thing I'm looking for!

RankBajin said:
Easto said:

Will post pocs when done

I'm really interested in seeing the finished tips, they sound just the sort of thing I'm looking for!

Me too!
The guys I am dealing with have been great so far so just hoping they loom the business and last.
They should be here Thursday so I'll put pics on of them off the car and installed.

Easto said:

Will post pocs when done

glad to hear you managed to get them off, and shipped off!

who did you decide to use in the end? very interested to see your results :thumb:

I should get these back for the weekend.
I've also got a spare older style bonnet emblem (metal pressed badge as opposed to my current new style flat plastic one) that I've had coated as well at the same time which I'm v interested in seeing on the white bonnet!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back