Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bosch Hammer

bodmin

Hi - yet again I'm on this forum looking for help.

I bought a Bosch Hammer tester a couple of years ago, plugged it in, didn't get anywhere, put it back on the shelf where it has resided ever since.

Now that my 993 is on the road I decided to give it another go.

I plug it into the OBD port with the lead provider, follow the instructions, switch on ign and watch the asterisk count down. So far, so good. However I only get access to four 'Installed systems'. (Heating, airbag, alarm and ABS).

I was hoping to be able to function all the actuators, but can't find any way into this. Not sure what the issue is - do I have the correct card in the tester, is the cable making good contact, am I using it correctly?

Would be happy to send this to to anyone who has a working Hammer for a comparison test.

Email Colt via PM. He has one and knows it's functions intimately. He calls his mjolnir.

highway said:
Email Colt via PM. He has one and knows it's functions intimately. He calls his mjolnir.

Mr Colt has been duly PM'd

I had the same problem with mine. It would not communicate with the DME on my car but was able to communicate with all systems on another forum member's car perfectly.
An updated Hammer module sorted it.

jonttt said:
I have the manual for it in the FAQ section under "manuals" :grin:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82579

Also on my journal are some video of me testing out the Bosch Hammer to control various functions. The video may no longer by working though as I think they where hosted on Photobucket which no longer allows sharing of content on forums. See the link to my journal on my footer.

Edit:

Link to my review
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=371

Jonttt - your journal was the first port of call for getting instructions. Unfortunately I think there is something not right with the Hammer. I think LUFTD933 has hit the nail on the head (no pun intended as we are talking Hammers!)

Now where do I get an updated module from - over to Mr Bergvill who supplied the device.

luftd993 said:
I had the same problem with mine. It would not communicate with the DME on my car but was able to communicate with all systems on another forum member's car perfectly.
An updated Hammer module sorted it.

Luftd993 - does your module come up with the same page as mine on start up

- mod into 01 10 95
- Version 8.1

Mine shows the same.
The first Hammer module I had was also 8.1. That worked on a '94 but not my '95.

Our first batch of Hammer memory modules had an internal fault, but I did a thorough job in 2014 of exchanging the ones that got out to our customers. However, I will send a replacement module to bodmin just to make sure that this isn't his problem.
I have seen several cases of "chipped" engine control units that does not respond to OBD diagnostic requests.

All hammer manuals and OBD stuff from the 993 Workshop Manual is available on our Downloads page.

All the Porsche tools will scan for the available OBD-enabled units in the car, and display the available functions in them. The functions vary, and many were added during the production years. This is especially the case for the Climate Control Unit, used in both the 964 and 993. I have little experience in using the OBD functions in the Motronic engine control unit, and do not know if it is possible at all to activate the Varioram valves. Once connected to the Motronic, The Drive Links menu should contain all engine actuator manipulation capabilities.
Cheers,
Tore

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back