Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Turbo 1700 miles from new and engine rebuild needed?

Perhaps corrosion/seized through lack of use?

MC

Sultan of Brunei.

Full of sand?

a 25 year old engine, considering the value of these cars,

one would assume it would have been a very simple rebuilt with only the perishable rubbers and gaskets needing replacing and any sand

I think age/lack of use has driven the belt and braces approach. 3.6T is a rare car and £200k is not unusual for very good examples :what:

As said it will be for oil seals most likely or seizure.

Stunning car, once you ditch those silly over size sharkfins. Reminds me of my old red 3.3T. At the same time our mate Graham had the Horizon Blue Sultan 3.6T with only 8k on. Stunning. It had the mega rare X88 Powerkit too.

Anyway remember lads, if you don't it use it, it'll shrivel up...
I'm talking oil seals obviously. :wink:

Full rebuild means that in addition to the top end the case will also need to be split to replace gaskets.

Neither does the top (early ones) .... you know what I mean, seals, O-rings blah blah ....

PeterS said:
Sultan of Brunei.

Full of sand?

In Brunei? :?

He could have driven it on the beach I suppose.

Mondrian said:
Neither does the top (early ones) .... you know what I mean, seals, O-rings blah blah ....

Top has cam end seal and timing chain housing gaskets but a bit odd to split the case for no reason.

Bidding ran out of steam at £200k on this car and it went unsold.
As you chaps have said it just have been the sand related engine rebuild situation - in any other circumstance an untouched 1700 miler would have gone through the upper estimate

Prices are well off the top been offered a couple of discounted cars recently .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back