Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre lock caps

Andyc11

Monza
Looking a bit tired on my GTS and wondered if anyone had replaced with non OEM items? Any ideas on the size of the caps themselves? And finally, any problems with removing/replacing myself, as in any seals I need to be aware of?

Same ... I've been searching

Cant find any aftermarket.... Seen some lovely genuine ones ... £200

Might pull the :pistols:

I've never heard of any non-OEM aftermarket alternatives, which isn't much of a surprise given how small the potential market is. They used to be £40 each from an OPC the last time I needed one (not sure if that is still the case) and your options are basically RS, GT3 or the Porsche crest on them.

I washed the car yesterday and noticed that some filthy f******* f*** tried to steal my centre caps and have scratched them up. I'm furious because they're new genuine ones. So annoyed

Senoj said:
Andyc11 said:
I spotted this last night...

http://www.porschecentrecaps.co.uk/...MI2cnogYHk1QIVdzPTCh3hoAJwEAAYASAAEgJ0wPD_BwE

...which I'm half tempted for the sake of £20 to have a punt on. Not sure if they're centre lock compatible so will do some checks.

These wont fit. You may save a few bob if you get from Suncoast in the US as they are light and easy to post.

To elaborate on this, the caps on centre locks are completely different to normal ones. They are not secured to the wheel with plastic clips, but rather by friction from an O ring on the back against the inside of the centre lock nut. This is what the back of them looks like.

827368_x800.jpg

To remove them you need to carefully lever them out with a small screwdriver or plastic tool where the notch is on the CL nut (which lines up with the tab that you can see in the picture). They scratch and deform fairly easily as they are a very soft plastic (much more so than normal centre caps) hence the care to be taken. Note that you don't want any moisture (even damp air) in there when you put them back on if the car is ever tracked (heat soak from the brakes in a track session boils any moisture and being sealed with that O ring builds the pressure to the point where they spontaneously pop off).

Thanks, popped one off last night and noticed the fitment...trip to the OPC for more wallet stinging it is then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back