Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

maybe time for a change.

e92 said:
MisterCorn said:
alex yates said:
S5 or MKII XKR would be top of my list there. You can even bag an SL55 amg for that money.

SL55 AMG is an absolute hoot, but much more a GT than a sports car. So much torque it is unbelievable.

MC

I was thinking of getting an sl500 pre 2006 for the Mrs but got put off by the suspension issues... Is it as bad as they say? I was looking at maybe replacing the suspension to coil overs but then they say there needs to be sway bars. How reliable are the sl's?

They changed from the ABC to the ABC2 suspension in MY2007, this was right near the end of the life of the car by which time people were waiting for the new model, so 2007 cars are few and far between. They also have more power and updates on the sat nav and stereo so well worth searching out. I don't think that the suspension is terribly unreliable, but apparently is around £1k per corner to fix if it needs it.
If ever you are around Nottingham you are welcome to have a poke around mine.

MC

ims rebuild aparently and the spec is basicly my wish list car.

have already done the man maths just need to take it for a spin and hope somone else dosent snap it up first.

I suspect Northway will offer me £10k ish trade in on my 996 so I may pop it up for grabs on here for a bit over that on the proviso that it sells quick so I can proceed with the 997 purchase.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back