Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 - now gearbox replacements!

mike991GT3

Has anybody heard about gearbox replacements on 991 GT3 (Gen1 - obv). I have heard there are some that need replacing. Anybody heard any stuff about this?

The one I know of is a 7000 mile non-tracked car.

Mike

Mike, do you know what sort of fault is being experienced?
John

The car was changing gear more roughly when in auto mode - no problems manually at all. Even the auto change lumpy stuff wasn't too bad.

Porsche after investigating think it needs a whole new gearbox. It's out of warranty but really a new engine at 200 miles (as per the original 991 GT3 issue) and a new gearbox at 7,000 miles and no track time. It's just not good enough.

Waiting to hear what Germany says - hopefully their new 10 year and 100,000 mile warranty for these early 991 GT3 engines will cover this.

Lad I know is having huge issues with the gearbox on his GT3RS. Keeps putting the car into reduced power mode and fighting with Porsche to get a new box.

Don't know the differences between the gt3 pdk box and my c2s pdk box but mine is going strong after 43k miles. Touch wood.

Mike I've sent you a PM

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back