Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is Porsche Best place for touch up paint - B9A carerra white

Got mine today, not had chance to try yet but hopeful it will be a good match

Chipex

I got a scratch repair kit from Chipex and was able to order the exact colour based on the paint code. Came with a load of very small brushes, paint etc. Not used it yet but will soon.

Re: Touch-up Pens

Les Richards said:
Looks to be much the same principle as this one used by the Ammo man on Flat Sixes.com - in which case, it looks good.

http://flatsixes.com/advise/concours-car-care/fix-stone-chips-porsche/

Couldn't find a UK source of the Loew-Cornell one he uses, though. (Loew Cornell Fine Paint Pen (size #1)

You must be a mind reader. I saw this video the other day and was going to ask on here whether that pen was available in the U.K. It looks like a good bit of kit.

I take it that these kits/pens mentioned in this thread operate in a similar manner with the tapping motion to release the paint in tiny doses?

Paint Pens.

Hmm, well I contacted the Seller through his eBay link and so far - nothing!

Anyone else tried and had a reply yet?

17 August - still no response. Anyone else had a similar experience or is he answering?

I had an immediate response and paint stick was here within 2 days...

jimmy p said:
I've ordered mine so will report back soon

Any update? I'm about to order some myself after a meeting with a large rock off the back of a low-loader on the M8....

Do they come uwith instructions or is it pretty self-explanatory? Want to make sure I get the best possible result and I assume as with most things there's a knack to this.

Sorry,
Yes, I have used mine, colour match good, takes a bit of practice with the needle style applicator but if you make a mess you can just wipe and polish off and start again.
Didnt have much to do with mine but happy so far!

Thanks Jimmy. I'll give it a try :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back