Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 Porsche Experience Day

Marto

Had my freebie day with Porsche and the GT3 last week. Plenty of time in the vehicle, on the handling circuit etc. but unfortunately only 4 full laps of instructor lead free driving. All the same, enough to get a good taste of what this car is all about and I can tell you it is one mean, loud, beast with strong, linear power delivery and precise handling. I expected to be amazed by the engine and handling (which I was) but didn't expect the level of comfort. Firm and planted but at the same time compliant and comfortable, an incredible achievement.

All in all, a top day laid on by Porsche.

Next stop, Masters training in Mugello - 2 days to further explore what this thing is all about before mine arrives in December. Its like being 5 years old again and waiting for Santa...

Nice. I had a memorable day down there in a GT3RS. Amazing...

And yes, takes you back to your giggle filled youth! Enjoy the GT3 when it comes you lucky, lucky guy...

Is four laps the official limit or was it for other reasons ?

Be interested in more details on the two day course.

Cheib said:

Four laps was the limit. Actually, they said it was three but we did four; not sure if it was planned that way or the instructor was having fun too since I was the only GT3.

This was the Porsche Experience day they throw in with a purchase, not specific training. There were Macans, Panameras, 718s etc. and Porsche provide a vehicle similar to that which you ordered. It is just about getting to know the basics of your vehicle and receiving a bit of Porsche hospitality. All go through the low friction circle, kick plate, dynamic handling etc. and then the 4x4s go off-road and the cars hit the circuit. They can also help with your configuration if you haven't already taken delivery.

The training is a different ball game entirely and I can't recommend it highly enough. There is a progressive system of training levels - Precision, Performance, Master etc. and you can choose where to attend the training. For example, I used German schools because the dates worked better for me and they have 2 days for Precision rather than one day as in UK. Instruction, briefings etc. at non-UK schools can be provided in English.

Marto said:
Cheib said:

Four laps was the limit. Actually, they said it was three but we did four; not sure if it was planned that way or the instructor was having fun too since I was the only GT3.

This was the Porsche Experience day they throw in with a purchase, not specific training. There were Macans, Panameras, 718s etc. and Porsche provide a vehicle similar to that which you ordered. It is just about getting to know the basics of your vehicle and receiving a bit of Porsche hospitality. All go through the low friction circle, kick plate, dynamic handling etc. and then the 4x4s go off-road and the cars hit the circuit. They can also help with your configuration if you haven't already taken delivery.

The training is a different ball game entirely and I can't recommend it highly enough. There is a progressive system of training levels - Precision, Performance, Master etc. and you can choose where to attend the training. For example, I used German schools because the dates worked better for me and they have 2 days for Precision rather than one day as in UK. Instruction, briefings etc. at non-UK schools can be provided in English.

Great, thanks. Shame it's only four laps but I think they've only had one car until recently so maybe that's why ? They've apparently just taken delivery of a new blue GT3...no idea if that's in addition to or a replacement for the Red one.

I've done similar half days for cars I have bought and also done a couple of half days there with the PCGB 997 register in my own 997 GTS on the track with an instructor. When I have done days simialr to what you have just done in the GT3 there have been no limit on the laps though!

Now you mention it I've read about those stages in driver training but didn't make the connection...I am sure it's a fantastic programme.

A couple of the Porsche instructors I have been lucky to have enough time with there also do freelance work....one of them coaches drivers in the Porsche Carrera Cup and I think still competes a bit himself too. I'm intending to use one of them for some training when my GT3 hopefully arrives next year...combination of track time (which they can arrange) and fast road.

Cheib,

The GT3 was yellow! My car will be suppled by Porsche France so my day was at Le Mans.

This was a full day, including museum tour, handling circuit, lunch etc. I don't know how they would have managed more free driving laps and still get everyone through. We were on the circuit a lot more, to work on particular corners and handling drills etc. but just the four free driving laps.

One to one instruction from one of the Porsche instructors would be fantastic. Its an expensive add on to do it through Porsche, especially if you hire one of their vehicles too.

Have fun, stay safe...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back