Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zenith Blue - rare?

coullstar

Singapore
Might be a local deal available on a nice 99 C2 and its in zenith. I had a look around and it seems a rare colour for a 996. Was it limited years and was there a reason for that i.e. hard to paint match etc?

Also not actually seen it on the flesh but Im not sure on it, some lights it look really blue then in others its close to purple.

had an R reg 996 c2 tip in zenith with grey interior from 2000-2004. Think I remember looking at a 993 in the same colour when I bought it (or very similar)

It was not the most popular colour but the change depending on lighting/weather was interesting. Looked really good in bright sunlight.

My Dad had two 996's from new - both were Zenith Blue - he loved it! It's probably not the most common colour but I don't think it's overly rare either - in fact I saw one on the road only yesterday! 😀

Might be a good time to get it as blue is rapidly becoming the new black in the car colour trends especially with the sports and performance cars. :thumb:

Hi C,
It's not that rare, but not mega common. The fashion in the late 90's was silver or dark blue, hence loads of those about.

Personally I'd rather have a darker blue as Zenith looks a bit washed out, like a faded Cobalt blue.

Looks ok when detailed and immaculate though. My mate had a Zenith Boxster and funnily enough I pass an early one with ambers on my commute. Some days I like it, others I don't.

If the price is right though and it's a good car then I'd go for it. No 996 colours are particularly wow nor particularly horrendous either, so just buy on condition. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back