Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Filling up - argh!

Same issue ,on the 911.... everytime , no matter what pimp i use ....!

Im used to it now ....

My Cayman hasnt had this issue though strangely enough

I have found the pump cutting out issue regardless of the filling station, it seems to be a Porsche thing! My Boxster did it and now my 997, thankfully, it's easily solved by doing the upside down pump trick. Once it does cut off do not be tempted to try adding any more fuel...your shoes will suffer, I found out the hard way! :D

Upside down trick usually works. A chap who had a Balmoral Green Range Rover gave me that tip :thumb:

I use mainly Tesco and sometimes Shell, never had an issue fills up without ever cutting out must be lucky I guess 😁

nigel99 said:
No issues for me on the Shell pimps, I'd start looking at the interface between the pump and the car. Perhaps ask a lady passer by to assist.

LOL that made me chuckle :grin:

People actually put that tesco crap in a 911?!

It's basically their standard 95 ron fuel with a dose of extra bioethanol. It has none of the cleaners and additives that V Power has, and the shell stuff gets its octane rating from the actual base fuel mixture.

pcat said:

It's basically their standard 95 ron fuel with a dose of extra bioethanol. It has none of the cleaners and additives that V Power has, and the shell stuff gets its octane rating from the actual base fuel mixture.

Yep - loads of people.
Performs well - as many tuners agree.
Never had issues with the fuel and it's all I've personally ever used aside from using vpower on literally 2/3 occasions.
It's run various high power cars for me without any issues and always makes great power...
It maybe a different story if it wasn't 10miles to my
Nearest shell...

Upside down every time for me too...never fails to work.

marconorth said:
Upside down every time for me too...never fails to work.

Just filled up - upside down works a treat!
:thumbs:

Easto said:
pcat said:

Yep - loads of people.
Performs well - as many tuners agree.
Never had issues with the fuel and it's all I've personally ever used aside from using vpower on literally 2/3 occasions.
It's run various high power cars for me without any issues and always makes great power...
It maybe a different story if it wasn't 10miles to my
Nearest shell...

Loads of discussions around this.

Shell pimps do not operate in my area so I'm forced to use Tesco, but I've never had any issues with it in 5 years.

They are the only two that do 99 RON super. Everything else is 97, and given that the minimum that Porsche specify is 98... :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back