Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tips - black / carbon fibre

Easto

Hi - can anyone point me to black chrome or carbon fibre exhaust tips.
This is for a Gen 2 turbo. I'm not entirely sure if the gen 1 ones are interchangable as I can find a few sets for gen 1.
I quite like the twin pipe look - think they call it europipe

My tips are ditched and I can't get them clean - not sure they have ever been cleaned tbh and as the car is white I'm thinking black tips will look good.

Phil 997 said:

The first ones are the ones I like as they are similar in overall shape to the OEM. I had seen these previously but not sure if they would fit - doesn't say if gen 1 or not.
I'm not a fan of the twin round although not seen them in the flesh on a car.

Easto said:
Phil 997 said:

The first ones are the ones I like as they are similar in overall shape to the OEM. I had seen these previously but not sure if they would fit - doesn't say if gen 1 or not.
I'm not a fan of the twin round although not seen them in the flesh on a car.

They are designtek so Design 911 should be able to answer that easily for you :thumb: I also think they are great and will look the biz on the car :grin:

The problem I found was that I couldn't get the oem style PSE tips in black. I really like the gen 2 GTS tips, but they're about £750 a pair.

So I didn't have much choice - I bought a set of decent used PSE tips and had them ceramic coated in their premium finish which was volcanic black. I forget the cost, but it was about £175 inc postage.

I'm pleased with the finish. Its good and being plasma vonded to the metal is very hard wearing.

http://www.zircotec.com

I've found the tech art twin ovals which look
good - but £800-1000 as far as I can tell which is madness.
There is a company on eBay that do the same tailpipes as designated. It only in chrome for the 997.2 but they are sub £200 so I'd consider coating these in black rather than current OEM ones..

Strange how there are lots of gen 1 variants- I guess due to manufacturing numbers just more of a market...

Easto said:
This is for a Gen 2 turbo. I'm not entirely sure if the gen 1 ones are interchangable as I can find a few sets for gen 1.

My tips are ditched and I can't get them clean - not sure they have ever been cleaned tbh and as the car is white I'm thinking black tips will look good.

After THREE sets of OEM tips under Porsche and then Extended Warranty...

...I have Kline carbon tips on my Gen 2 turbo. Fit perfectly, OEM shape (unusual!), good service from Kline, and many months in they haven't FU'd like some other aftermarket tips I have tried.

The design has an inner metal frame and then silicone insulation to hold the heat off the carbon - and so far it works.

RJKflyer said:
Easto said:

After THREE sets of OEM tips under Porsche and then Extended Warranty...

...I have Kline carbon tips on my Gen 2 turbo. Fit perfectly, OEM shape (unusual!), good service from Kline, and many months in they haven't FU'd like some other aftermarket tips I have tried.

The design has an inner metal frame and then silicone insulation to hold the heat off the carbon - and so far it works.

I'm thinking these will be v expensive :lol:
I've seen them on their site but can't find a price or how to order them aside from calling them up.

Currently I'm having one last attempt at cleaning them up and if no good then looking at gloss black ceramic coating on the OEM tip

I too have the Kline carbon fibre tips on mine and yes they're excellent but expensive. Around 750 quid I think.
I've kept my OE chrome tips which are in excellent nick but that's because I cleaned them very regularly. Like pretty much after every trip. Not required on CF tips! No siree, just a swift wipe/polish with cloth round the outside.

Norfolk & Idea said:
I too have the Kline carbon fibre tips on mine and yes they're excellent but expensive. Around 750 quid I think.
I've kept my OE chrome tips which are in excellent nick but that's because I cleaned them very regularly. Like pretty much after every trip. Not required on CF tips! No siree, just a swift wipe/polish with cloth round the outside.

Good info - thx
I dropped both companies a mail last night about coatings in their glossiest ceramic coating and estimated turnaround so see what comes back.

South Yorkshire... I'm north Derbyshire.
If I decide to go Kline tips I'd like to view them if possible... don't think you'd be too far away. Thoughts?

I'm leaning toward the carbon style due it's twin tube insulated design, as after heavy track use the temps start to scorch the paint...

Damn why have you put these up😡 I've got s Kline 200cel and these would look great! I had mine re chromed last year but still fancy black.

I think the GEN 1s are slightly smaller

its about time I made somebody else spend some money....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back