Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sprint Boosters any good?

Rob, On a tip car the sprint booster is noticeable in the speeding up of the Throttle response , less so on a manual so I am told. I had one fitted for 3 years fitted the control box in my unused ashtray so it was out of sight when not using the buttons , I know the newer ones are bigger and have more options on , I used to drive everywhere in green sport mode and occasionally in red but never turned it off.
Some will say just press the go pedal harder to achieve the same . but thats ok on a track but not how you drive a car on the road it basically speeds up the signal and gives you eg half peddle with only qtr peddle pushed , its an easy cheap way to simulate some of the effects of the OE sport button .
also I used to drive a lot on the paddles as the tip box learns your driving style and with lots of city/town driving gets a lazy mode this can be over come with a quick sequence of movements (cant remember what they are now) but it very quickly relearns to be lazy along with going up through the gears too quickly as its default is an eco setting. there are indies around who can mod the tip box to perform much better and in a permanent sport mode.
or you can drive on the paddles as I did like a lazy guys manual no silly clutch stuff lol.
So in a nut shell YES I really liked and could feel the improvements of fitting a sprint booster to my old tip 997.1 there are ones now that seem to have 5 or 6 different modes mine only had 2 and off . :thumb: :grin:

yes - they do make a vast difference to the acceleration feel well worth the money in my view

thx... so I see a guy selling V3 in Greece but design911 only list v2

I popped a email to design911 but no response yet...

robbiej said:
thx... so I see a guy selling V3 in Greece but design911 only list v2

I popped a email to design911 but no response yet...

They are made in Greece, Thats where the company is based, the parent company is called boulekos dynamic

https://www.sprintbooster.com/

there's a new one with pedal lock which makes it quite difficult to steal
:thumb:
Also make sure you get the correct one as they do one for manual 997 and one for tip 997 :thumb:

yes it seems the new version has a switch for manual or auto :D

seeforez said:
yes it seems the new version has a switch for manual or auto :D

:thumb: agreed :grin: one fits all now :grin: and thats the new type with pedal lock :thumb:

yes they are a nice ad to play with, i have one installed for two months and no regrets... :thumb:

The description on the eBay listing sounds really good :?:

Out of interest...If its that effective, why wouldnt Porsche build this tech into the car :dont know:

I appreciate that "sport" makes the throttle input more sensitive.

Seems a steal at £186

Out of interest...If its that effective, why wouldnt Porsche build this tech into the car

It can make the throttle very sensitive, such that in the red mode it can be a little tricky in traffic, so you can end up switching it more often than you would if it were just a sport button with a less aggressive mapping.

That may irritate the average Porsche customer

Bought one, used it for a few days then sent it back. Not for me :nooo: All it does is change the voltage signal on the accelerator pedal so that for example 50% pedal now equals 100% throttle opening. Turns the throttle (especially in the red setting) to an off / on switch. I prefer a more progressive feel especially when on track so removed it. Think Sprint boosters are best suited to tiptronic cars.

Strangely my RSS engine mounts I fitted later actually made my throttle feel sharper as they remove slack from the drive chain. Whole car just feels more alive and responsive. 8)

krispe said:
Bought one, used it for a few days then sent it back. Not for me :nooo: All it does is change the voltage signal on the accelerator pedal so that for example 50% pedal now equals 100% throttle opening. Turns the throttle (especially in the red setting) to an off / on switch. I prefer a more progressive feel especially when on track so removed it. Think Sprint boosters are best suited to tiptronic cars.

Strangely my RSS engine mounts I fitted later actually made my throttle feel sharper as they remove slack from the drive chain. Whole car just feels more alive and responsive. 8)

I have heard a few times that guys with tips love them guys with manuals are quite split on them . As I said further up I loved it on my 997.1 tip made the lazy tip box feel more alive its a bit of a placebo effect but it is a noticeable change for the better and we dont dive in traffic heavy footed so it feels vastly improved. :thumb:

Waste of time, you will go against the same car on the road and see no difference mate. Save your money and have it tuned properly

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back