Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.1 C2S

MaxA said:
I wouldn't bother with a wrap or black alloys: I'd focus on the noise (the 200 cel sports cats should make a big difference) and the stance: some H+R lowering springs and some TPI spacers will make it sit better on the road.

And if you add some colour, like Phil997 successfully did, the car can stand out a little more. Porsche Racing Yellow would work with olive green. Just pick out some key parts and have them repainted. I did for example consider the intake slats in the bumper on my 9972, as I don't think the silvery plastic finish looks good against the rest of the car which is either white or black.

Interesting you suggested yellow accents Max as that exactly the colour I thought would look great with olive green and there is quite a lot available in that colour lower door decals seat belts get the lower mirror section done. subtle but good I don't think it would attract unwanted attention overnight.

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_133.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_133.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 7,320
TBE997 said:
Thank you Phil!

Engine mounts - i think i am going with the rennline semi solid and see how i get on

sound - i have ordered the cargraphics 200 cell cat and tubi rear mufflers, will take around 4 weeks, can't wait to get them fitted!!!

lights - agree, very price, but my current standard lights, which i believe are the original that came with the car from factory, have become fairly milky/unclear in the center, so i think i should get new ones

colour - i think will still do it, just need to get it out of the system, if i dont like it i can always take it off again and think about a respray hehe

I think you will love the exhaust you have ordered, if you go with the rennline use the yellow over yellow bushing thats the softest option and your fillings will be ok lol.
your lights if the clouding is on the outside you can get them refurbed polished and then clearcoated about £100 ish .

I still think accents like max and myself suggested in yellow where I did mine in acid green would look great on your olive car. subtle but would lift it. gen a yellow S for the rear and a custom yellow bonnet crest from porschecrests.com in the states see the yellow/silver and yellow/gold on the top row in the pic

Attachments

• hoodcrests1312433533_115.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_115.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 7,317
I've been considering a wrap for my other car, which is dark silver (or metallic grey), but it turns out that they are not that easy to apply and don't last that long. Maybe three years. And then it's a pain in the arse to remove. As such, I would probably be better off paying to fix the chips and then repainting it in a new colour. I have in mind the dark Jaguar version of BRG "Connaught green". But in your case, a wrap might be best if you want to preserve the original unusual colour. :dont know:

The alternative is to consider the accent colour. My other car looked fresh with red accents over the grey: I added a red bonnet scoop, red belt line, and for a while at least I was running red rims. I'm now changing the accent colour to yellow, and I had the scoop repainted Porsche Racing Yellow. I'm adding a yellow belt line, and I already have big yellow calipers. Just one or two items help make the car stand out, but not perhaps quite as much as a lime green Lambo stands out. :grin:

Quick weekend update, got a few things of my list yesterday from D911

New Rear Headlights

I had the 997.2-ish led lights on before, but they were a bight too bright for my taste, really like these ones as they are a little bit darker. also i think they are closer to the original ones, hence giving it a bit Generation 1 flavour back hehe

oEmXnuE.jpg

Will put my previous headlights on sale soon!

I also got
- Black Aurora Xenon Headlights - delivery will take around 4 weeks :sad:
- Dark bonnet badge
- Black wheel caps with silver crest (to got with the alloys when they are painted black)

Drop the car 15mm on H&R springs stick some 12 rear and 7 mm front spacers and then do the exhaust.
Leave the bodywork and wheels alone, that is a lovely colour and I like the wheels as is.
A cold air induction kit and GT 3 throttle body would be money better spent.

Looking good , keep us posted on progress but as others have said leave the olive alone its lovely. :thumb:

Ok some update, i have made some further progress and now also a better idea of sequencing, i started buying a lot of stuff and slowly it is all coming together

What i have bought so far:
- Tubi Silencer & Cargraphics Sports Cat
- Project Style Black Headlights
- Eibach Lowering Springs
- Rennline Semi Solid Engine mounts

Exhaust - The exhaust has finally arrived last week and I dropped off the car yesterday evening, planning to pick her up again with the new exhaust on Wednesday. As expected, given the mileage, all oxygen sensor are rusted in, so i needed four new (2x front and 2x rear). Also one of silencer brackets is broken as it turned out... extra $$$ i didn't plan for. Whilst they had the car up today, the discovered a coolant leak - i suspected that but never saw any fluid build up underneath the car, it all dropped on the exhaust and burned off

Headlights - After 2 months i picked them up last week, however it turns out they shipped a wrong pair... LHD instead of RHD.. waiting for them to come back and then i need to figure out if i fit them as they are or look to take them apart to black out the outter grey ring (if possible, if not I need to get headlight covers) and also grey out the ring (looks very bright/white). The quality of the headlights is not great, and there is a good forum post on rennlist or renntech where someone reviewed them in detail, i found similar marks/paint faults in my pair as you can see below

41wr4M2.jpg

OniJzuE.jpg

Engine Mounts - This is on the list as soon as I get the car back after the exhaust install. I would love to do this by myself but I don't know how/where i can jack up the car safely, might get them fitted worst case

AtB1Jex.jpg

Eibach Springs - I was a bit hesitant and did a lot of research, and finally pulled the trigger on the Eibach springs. They were not very expensive (cheaper than the engine mounts) but getting them fitted will cost twice as much lol. My plan is to get them fitted together with wheel spacers at centergravity so that they can also get aligned right away with them. They are a bit pricey but i have read only good things about these guys, and also looking to hear what they have to say in general when they inspect the suspension etc.

aVzYGo3.jpg

And last but not least, got her cleaned yesterday and went over it myself with Meguiar Quick Detailer :)

w2FWxDl.jpg

90IrlLG.jpg

Good post, check the lights convert from lhd to rhd by the flick of a lever as per OEM, leave the colour as is..... Lovely !

Frenchmeister said:
Good post, check the lights convert from lhd to rhd by the flick of a lever as per OEM, leave the colour as is..... Lovely !

Thanks, i will have look. I will also need to figure out how to get the DLR working properly, or leave it off and get some LED fogh/indicator lights replacement (although i dont like the chrome look)

I don't regret buying them (and i don't know yet what the normal 997 OEM lights look like from inside with the wiring etc) but the quality it noticeably low

XwTB8fV.jpg

Great looking car! Well specc'd too. Very nice, love the colour, rare so embrace it. I'm a fan of those wheels too, had them on my old 911.

Dark Olive is stunning! Saw a 997 Turbo in Dark Olive once and immediately wanted it. It had just sold that morning... It is a colour which is black most of the time until you catch the light at which time the green shows. Love it.

nigel99 said:
:yeah:

Looks stunning as is. If it ain't broke.....

They can always sound better though, so that's where I'd be focussing my attention\money.

Definitely +1 here; love the unassuming nature of the colour. I might be biased though, I had an Oak green 16 valve Golf GTI for 8 years!

Looking good! The colour is definitely growing on me! Shame the new headlights are such poor quality as from afar (I.e. over the internet!) they look really nice. Can't speak highly enough of centre gravity, really enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Haven't regretted spending more and taking the car there.

Another vote to leave the colour it looks lovely!!

I'd change the steering wheel for the round version, in fact I think phil got one spare 😉 Plus I'm a fan of body colour centre console!

Good luck with the mods

Thank you all for the kind comments.

For now, the colour stays as there is a lot of other stuff i want to do. I feel like my list of mods keeps getting bigger the more I do hehe

Yes, new steering wheel is on the list, ideally something that is upholstered in alcantara with matching handbrake and shifter :thumbs:

Also have to sort out the wear on my seats, have some stark marks on the drivers side, but that's something for later in the year, need to do some research and find a place that's good at restoring leather, for now probably not worth getting it all re-trimmed

Anyways, hopefully picking up the car tomorrow with the new exhaust!! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back