Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 Equipment Roll Bar

Craig J

Hi All

I've had a quick check in the forum rules and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but please let me know if I am.

I would just like to get some advice on the value of a Tequipment half cage for a 996 GT3.2. I got it as part of the deal when I bought my car and I am not sure of its value. I've since sold the car and so want to raise an advert for it on here.

I can't find many that have come up for sale, so I don't have much of a reference. FVD have them at 2k euro and Design 911 list them at 1200+vat, but I'm not sure this is the real OE part.

Any advice? I don't want to take the Michael, but at the same time it will fund tyres for the race car so would like to get a fair value and help with my racing.

Thank you

There was one for sale on here a while ago maybe by HSC911. One in the USA last year was up for $700.

I would bung it up for £1,000 and see how you get on. You can always drop the price dependant on how quick you would like the funds.

Best of luck.

Pip

They are nothing like as common as they used to be and there may be a market for it. Personally I'd go with an online auction for it if I were you.

Craig J said:
I've had a quick check in the forum rules and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but please let me know if I am.

I would just like to get some advice on the value of a Tequipment half cage for a 996 GT3.2. I got it as part of the deal when I bought my car and I am not sure of its value.

I've since sold the car and so want to raise an advert for it on here.

Hi Craig.

Your query is fine.

When you want to advertise the parts just list them on this sub-forum =>
http://www.911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=24

Good Luck

Craig J

Post it up on the forum,,,,,YOU WILL SELL IT !!! They are hard to come by second hand, just set yer price, dont be too greedy and bobs yer uncle happy days and a damm good night out with the proceeds !

Start at the Connought, then onto the Berkeley and then the cigar bar at the Lanesborough = £800 well spent

If it has the harness bars, i would stick to £800 for a hassle free quick sale. Its a DIY install if yu take your time

Thank you all for the replies. I have already had quite a few private messages, so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to sell. Tough call if I'll spend the proceeds on that night out or race tyres!

Cheers

Pip1968 said:
There was one for sale on here a while ago maybe by HSC911. One in the USA last year was up for $700.

Not me :bandit:

But there are 3 different types, which do you have Craig J :dont know:

:thumb:

They're about £1,500 from OPC - id be amazed if you didn't get £900 for it.

Think I paid £850 for mine :) But got OPC to fit. There is a topic in 996 forum

Hi

Part number is 996.580.981.00 - this is the version with the harness bar.

I also have the harness brackets for the floor and some old harnesses, but I never fitted them and don't know if they fit.

I've had several messages and offers and have decided the best way is just to put it the roll cage on Ebay and then it'll go for what it's worth.

Kind regards

Craig

Hi Craig can you let us know when it goes on eBay, I'd be interested in making a bid for it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back