Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Yes - very frustrating!! :evil:

I'm looking for a set as well - I'm currently trawling France, Germany and the Netherlands.
I'll let you know if I find anywhere that actually has them ready to ship. :thumb:

I know you also want the Bilstein setup but are the Ohlins suspension also this scarce?

apollokre1d said:
I know you also want the Bilstein setup but are the Ohlins suspension also this scarce?

I've no idea, I haven't tried to source any.

apollokre1d said:

ES Motors Milton Keynes have Ohlins in Stock :thumbs:

Phase 11

OK chaps I do plan to do a write up but I've been so busy this weekend making 2 videos and I am going to Tech 9 tomorrow with both cars to have work done. And I am starting my holiday Tuesday with a trip to London to collect my lady friend from the airport. So at some point I will do a write up but for now here is my latest video.

Let me know what you think

This is your first vid I have seen about your build, very impressive, both the car and your production skills.

Especially enjoyed seeing them detail and then guard, did they do it all as you waited?

Car looks awesome, keep up the good work!

Great video bud, ref the Ohlins cancellation kit, you can just remove the PASM module and code it out, the kit is not needed.

Stunning - Great work! :thumb:

Loved watching all of this build and going through your thread. Very nice indeed :thumbs:

The return of Marty Wild said:
This is your first vid I have seen about your build, very impressive, both the car and your production skills.

Especially enjoyed seeing them detail and then guard, did they do it all as you waited?

Car looks awesome, keep up the good work!

They did some of it whilst I was there on the first day. They spent three days on it but I asked if they could do specific parts of the car fully so I could see the entire process then I left. I was there for most of the first day.

AdeD said:
Great video bud, ref the Ohlins cancellation kit, you can just remove the PASM module and code it out, the kit is not needed.

OK thanks for this. I had read that you could disable in PIWIS and pull the fuse but I'll pass this on to Tech 9. I hope not because that cancellation kit is £400

Figured that to be more than a day's work, looks very impressive in the vid.

How do you film the slow scans past?!

The return of Marty Wild said:
Figured that to be more than a day's work, looks very impressive in the vid.

How do you film the slow scans past?!

I use a Rhino Slider. Bought it whilst in the US this year. It's amazing

Gazc2 said:
Looking fab as ever :thumb: what about the tractive suspension kit from DSC ?

http://www.dscsport.com/porsche/#997

I looked at that kit and I was considering it but in the end I went with the Ohlins RT kit. (Being fitted tomorrow) Read very good reviews (haven't read a bad one actually). Phil at Tech 9 is going to send the dimensions to TechArt to see if their axle lift will fit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back