Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New diesel and petrol cars face 2040 ban

I already devised a cunning plan to make sure I can still get the car I want. Apparently rubbing this in can make things grow 3" in 3 weeks :dont know: so I reckon if I put enough on this tamiya 959... by 2040 I should have a zero mileage.. full size electric 959 :grin:

Attachments

• images_170.jpg
    images_170.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,944
  • tamiya_58059_porsche_959_141.jpg
    tamiya_58059_porsche_959_141.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,944
Interesting that diesel sales were down 20% in July and hybrid and electric sales up.The switch has already started.If a big chunk of motorists have already switched to hybrid, say in 15 years, then will there be a need to implement a ban at all?.

Shurv said:
Interesting that diesel sales were down 20% in July and hybrid and electric sales up.The switch has already started.If a big chunk of motorists have already switched to hybrid, say in 15 years, then will there be a need to implement a ban at all?.

As I have previously pointed out on another thread - the government were obligated to publish a plan, so what they have offered up (and which oh so many media types whipped themselves into a frenzy about) was essentially a pessimistic timeline for what pretty much all serious industry observers expect to happen naturally anyway. Tesla pre-sold half a million model 3s before anybody had even driven the thing, the price was a ball park number and the delivery timescale was to say the least vague. Stop and think about what is going to happen with demand once all of the majors launch their answers to that. When all of them are offering a medium sized electric car with 300+ mile range, with few servicing costs and of course at approaching commodity pricing - the mainstream McCar buyers are going to notice them.

.....by 2040 indications are that a cars electric range will only be increased to 650 miles from 400/500 today.

No thanks(until it's over 1k) it's fossil or hybrid for many of us.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back