Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991.2 TurboS Cab order

911_AS said:
Now that is cool! I bet Saturday cannot come quick enough. Congrats on the car, and definitely upload some high quality photos when you can.

Will try my best. 8)

scoot said:
The days must be dragging for you waiting till Saturday. I would be tempted to mess around with the remote functions :D

Very tempting. Lol...
Just had notification on the app that it's moved from Reading and now at the dealer. No miles added so must have been on the back of a truck.
Dealer was a little surprised when I called them said the car was there and asked for some pictures to be emailed!!

The car has been collected. Not had it washed/cleaned or the wrapping removed so a little limited on how it looks at the moment .

Very nice to drive back from London. Managed to secure some coffee cups which are just now being put to good use before I take some time with my new toy. Key covers were brought off ebay for £12 each, they look and fit perfect so very happy with them.

Here is a taster, more later.
:D

Attachments

• img_1108_748.jpg
    img_1108_748.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 7,569
  • img_1098_168.jpg
    img_1098_168.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 7,569
Desert Dragon said:
Looks lovely. Great colour :thumbs:

:) Thanks.

Collection from OPC. No front plate and no cleaning or removal of protective film. They said it was the dirtiest car they have sold just as asked for. :grin:

911_Turbo_S44.jpg
[/img]

Took it out over the weekend. Today it is being detailed and front end PPf.

911_Turbo_S6.jpg

That's so nice it is making me do a sex wee :lol:

:worship:

HSC911 said:
That's so nice it is making me do a sex wee :lol:

:worship:

Lol, just waiting to get it back from the detailers later this week so I can get some really nice pictures. :thumb:

Having collected the car from OPC and tasted it for a day before it went off for a bit of PPF and detail I didn't really get to try it out.

This morning had another collection from the detailers and very happy to say they have done a fantastic job. The car looks stunning now all the factory protection is off and the car cleaned very carefully by the professionals.

Having driven the car now for best part of 200 miles I can safely say its meeting all my expectations and allaying a few worries I had.

First of all the spec. After seeing various cars with all sorts of spec I was worried I had not added enough leather to the inside, this is proving unfounded as it is a very nice high quality feel with the standard options.

The carbon fibre trim lifts it to a level I'm happy with in this type of car and not having leather here there and everywhere is fine by me, there is a leather strip running across the front of the dash which gives it just enough to make it not look cheap.

The carbon fibre trimmed steering wheel (which was an extra) is just so nice to see and use, it feels suprisingly very grippy in the hand and the leather parts are nice and comfy where it changes from one to the other. The heated part is very quick, i'm going to like this come winter.

18 way adjustable seats are really comfortable with adjustment to the side bolsters and legs makes setting this up just about perfect, locked into a key setting with comfort entry/exit makes getting in and out then just driving without further adjustment very simple.

The keyless function seems weird in that there isn't a button to press but a fixed switch that you turn, I'm still getting used to not taking the key out every time to lock/ unlock the car.

The sound system is definitely worth my money...wow. The only downside I can think of is it's not so good when on a low volume setting, turn up the volume and its just fantastic, the base gets very intense without distortion. I think it will take a few weeks to fully run in the speakers and maybe the quieter sounds will come through better. I thought there would be more adjustment in the settings.

Driving the car is just getting better each time. I really wanted the GTS farty loud sport type exhaust I had in my 981 boxer GTS or something like the R8 but this car just doesn't need it. It does make a very deep sound when starting and sounds more like deep throaty noise, it can do overrun burps and when they come its more like a quieter V8 sound I used to get in a Merc AMG.

The best though is the utter speed of the car in any gear, at any revs it seems to pick up much quicker than my 650s. The turbo noise when coming off the throttle is quite cool too. I can just pootle along quite happy leaving plenty of gap between the car in front then prod the throttle and I'm past. No drama no mess just a surprised look on the face of the car I'm overtaking. It feels so much more solid, safe and easy to handle whereas the 650s just felt like it would kill me.

The looks are just a few notches down from 650s but all the better for it. Such a low wide stance and presence, there is no need to drive quick so there is no need to push it all the time, however down the back roads it feels un shakeable and i feel in total control. This is why I went for the cabriolet.

Putting the roof up and down at up to 30mph is very quick, looks awesome when its doing it and with the wind deflector up the cabin is very calm and noise free, open top motoring at it's best. :thumb:

I am so pleased I got the contrasting high gloss black aero kit as it really does make the car stand out just that little bit more. Knowing what this car can do I'm more than happy with it not standing out so much as the McLaren but those in the know can appreciate its a 911 turbo S.

Blooming Brilliant... :thumbs:

I shall look forward to my PEC day as I can hopefully translate some of the experience right from my car into theirs to get a better feel for the speed and handling.

911_Turbo_S_Detailed3.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed5.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed22.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed17.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed18.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed12.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed13.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed11.jpg

911_Turbo_S_Detailed9.jpg

Very nice.

My dad taught me that "there is always someone with better toys than you".

He was right! :thumb:

weejimmy said:
Very nice.

Haha, dont look at me bud...my dad said aim for the stars my son and you may get to the top of the tree.
I feel like i'm still snuffling around the roots!!

BishBosh said:
weejimmy said:
Very nice.

Haha, dont look at me bud...my dad said aim for the stars my son and you may get to the top of the tree.

You obviously found Jack's giant bean stalk if you're still at the roots ;)

Maybe think about trying out a VMAX type event?

http://www.vmax200.com/events/hypermax-2/

Interesting I hadn't appreciated you chopped the 650 S in for one of these. Your turbo looks amazing :mrgreen:

Desert Dragon said:
You obviously found Jack's giant bean stalk if you're still at the roots ;)

Maybe think about trying out a VMAX type event?

http://www.vmax200.com/events/hypermax-2/

Interesting I hadn't appreciated you chopped the 650 S in for one of these. Your turbo looks amazing :mrgreen:

Thanks for the positive comment.

Have now registered for VMAX see what happens. Thought about it a few times but always been put off by cars taking a lot of damage.

Will always have a soft spot for the McLaren, may even return to one in the future. However since I managed to acquire a 944 Turbo S way back in 1990 I just keep gravitating back there. Never thought one day I'd get a 911 although this seems like a nice one.

BishBosh said:
weejimmy said:
Very nice.

My dad also says "The more the monkey climbs the tree, the more it shows it's arse!" :thumb:

Full of good sayings is my pop!

New 991.2 arriving at Xmas or maybe early Jan. She'll be up at VMAX in March hopefully breaking 200mph :wink:

C4S went today :sad:

997.2 C4S - thoroughly recommended - hard to let go of her.

Desert Dragon said:
New 991.2 arriving at Xmas or maybe early Jan. She'll be up at VMAX in March hopefully breaking 200mph :wink:

Very nice... Are you having the 991.2 breathed on or do you reckon it's good for a Vmax double ton standard?

March eh? Looks like I might be free for a lot of it. Might see you there matey :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Desert Dragon said:

Very nice... Are you having the 991.2 breathed on or do you reckon it's good for a Vmax double ton standard?

March eh? Looks like I might be free for a lot of it. Might see you there matey :thumbs:

Not driven a gen 2 and SWMBO will not let me anywhere near the car which is quite wise :grin:

I very much doubt it re tuning though as effects warranty etc. Will she break 200 at Bruntingthorpe? We'll have to find out ;)

Bishbosh did you get up to VMAX?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back