Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

immobiliser, ECU, Transponder ????

skullbiker

As a newbie to the Boxster can someone clarify with regard to the Immobiliser system. -*
I am confused* about which "electronic boxes " need to be "paired" and which can be sourced independently of each other
If a replacement ECU , Immobiliser and Key fob "kit" are purchased* will the key fob automatically "tune" itself to the transponder in the steering lock ?*
The reason I ask is that following a flood and fried immobiliser I have been looking at some companies who have "kits" comprising replacement key fob, Ecu and Immobiliser boxes and some do have whilst others do not have the small black electronic box that is attached to the steering column/lock.* see pics* - is it the "3 piece" or "4 piece" ?
Sorry to be such a numpty but I am going round in circles .

Attachments

• 3piece_119.jpg
    3piece_119.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,461
  • fourpiece_180.jpg
    fourpiece_180.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,461
Dme , alarm unit and keys should all be matched if useing second hand .. you will also need the chassis number of the donner vehicle if you want to code on any more keys .

The security numbers can only be obtained from Porsche and you will need the chassis number to get them .. you will also need to prove you own the vehicle and as you dont own the vehicle the parts come from it may prove difficult hence the need for an indy with a good rep with his Porsche dealer to obtain .

All the parts if bought as one lot will work if off of a single vehicle , maybe the odd bit of codeing but i doubt it .

This is for a 986 Boxster .. NOT a 987 .

EDIT

You also need to clear out your rear drains if you havent already done so to stop the same thing happening again .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back