Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Wheels Wanted - 17" or 18"

muggers

Hi

I am after a set of wheels for a 993, genuine wheels please. Can you help?

regards

Andrew

I have a freshly refurbished set of 18" MY02's which I intended to fit to my 993, however I've decided to stick with my Speedline Splits for the time being.

They are IMO one of Porsches (manufactured by BBS) finest looking single piece wheels with the added benefit of being the lightest.

PM anytime if interested.

C.

i have some beautiful 3 piece lightweight splits for a widebody if any good?

I'm going to start looking out for a set of LM type wheel, ideally gold centred.

Probably a good idea to contact Chris.

Bund said:
cableguy said:
Perfect staggered set of LM's here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orig-BBS-...906854?hash=item46661d4c66:g:sVkAAOSwhQhY1~OS

I bought my Gold Centred Speedlines from this seller and can vouch for their great service and amazing attention to detail on their wheels. :thumb:

C.

Top wheel, I think I came across those. Might be a bit rich compared to the cost of the car but I guess they hold their money? Is 8 and 9.5 correct on n/b?

The seller said that set is for 964 but has another for 993. He might mean these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302372689268 ? Can you have 9 on the front without rubbing the arch?

9" Fronts won't do a NB 993 any favours in the way of steering feel & weight IMO.

The original set I posted are perfect for a NB 993 and 9.5" Rears are fine, particularly with that slightly more aggressive offset which counteracts the 0.5" extra of an OEM RS Wheel in comparison.

C.

cableguy said:
9" Fronts won't do a NB 993 any favours in the way of steering feel & weight IMO.

The original set I posted are perfect for a NB 993 and 9.5" Rears are fine, particularly with that slightly more aggressive offset which counteracts the 0.5" extra of an OEM RS Wheel in comparison.

C.

Ok thanks, I have good set of 225/40/18 off the front of my turbo, would they fit 9.5 or 8 you think?

225/40/18 perfect for the Fronts. 265/35/18 for the Rears. :thumb:

C.

They also have a set not refurbed which are 8,5x18" et56 and 10x18 et 50.

Am I right thinking these rears will have a deeper lip(deeper as et comes down)?

Bund said:

Am I right thinking these rears will have a deeper lip(deeper as et comes down)?

Probably yes, however ET50 Rears will require some serious arch rolling to fit a NB993. I'm running 10jx18" ET59 and my arches needed tickling to stop contact at full compression.

C.

cableguy said:
Bund said:

Probably yes, however ET50 Rears will require some serious arch rolling to fit a NB993. I'm running 10jx18" ET59 and my arches needed tickling to stop contact at full compression.

C.

Cheers CG, I don't want to get involved with body work to make wheels fit. Can you give me an idea of what et I can use that are a straight fit for an nb please?

OEM NB RS Speedline is 10jx18" ET65 and you'll probably get away with about 4mm either way without any issues (ET61 to ET69).
On a 9.5jx18" you have a few extra mm to play with, so around ET54 to ET70'ish as there is more room towards the arch (outwards) than the inside strut & suspension components.

HTH.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back