Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying your old car back ?

uuf361

Idly browsing the internet at lunch, and notice my original 911 (HD1) is up for sale.......(a 2004 996 C2 Cab).

It still looks in great condition 8 years and 45k miles on, and I am rather tempted to go and have a look, even though it's not cheap (It's only lost £8k in those 8 years :eek: )

I have often wondered how it was getting on (it was my first decent car) and thought about buying it back.....

So the question is.....would you ? should you ? It's now slower than my daily Golf but I still remember it very fondly......

If you can afford it do it, to be honest I would be buying it as my daily and dump the golf which is FAST yes, SPECIAL not in the slightest and never will be.
can't think of anything better than a 996 as my daily.
But that's just my view :grin: as someone who dislikes bland two a penny fast euro boxes. and given the option to buy back your first special car to enjoy driving every day for me its a no brainer
:thumb:

The Golf is a (very) cheap lease so isn't going anywhere for the next 11 months until it goes back........and my daily commute is now 140 miles so don't think HD1 would be the only car, but it is tempting to at least go and look....the MoT history looks bonkerzly clean too.......

When I got it, I 'improved' it during my 3.5 years with PCM 1 (OK a little outdated even then :hand: ), painted centre tunnel, chunkier gear stick, all OEM

uuf361 said:
The Golf is a (very) cheap lease so isn't going anywhere for the next 11 months until it goes back........and my daily commute is now 140 miles so don't think HD1 would be the only car, but it is tempting to at least go and look....the MoT history looks bonkerzly clean too.......

When I got it, I 'improved' it during my 3.5 years with PCM 1 (OK a little outdated even then :hand: ), painted centre tunnel, chunkier gear stick, all OEM

:thumb: I can see the man maths ticking away mate :grin: you have got to at least go and take a look .... then drive it ........... and then fall in love all over again.
Seems the perfect way to have a 911 and keep those happy that like the new house that cost you the 997TT. and if you must then keep the nasty euro box thingy as well :floor:

I'd have to go and have a look and maybe a drive. Often wonder what happened to my old cars over the years

Ursa911 said:
I'd have to go and have a look and maybe a drive. Often wonder what happened to my old cars over the years

I try and do the same where possible with old girlfriends and wives :floor: :grin: :thumb:

I'd buy my four 993's back in a flash.

Everyone got a bargain, and they knew it.

I've decided it's a little overpriced, by about £3k and it's a200 mile round trip to go and see it so I'm going to watch for now, unless temptation gets the better of me LOL

uuf361 said:
I've decided it's a little overpriced, by about £3k and it's a200 mile round trip to go and see it so I'm going to watch for now, unless temptation gets the better of me LOL

keep us posted :thumb: and this thread has prompted me to look up and old girl friend was going to pop round and see if the ride has changed any over the last few years :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Ursa911 said:

I try and do the same where possible with old girlfriends and wives :floor: :grin: :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

uuf361 said:
Idly browsing the internet at lunch, and notice my original 911 (HD1) is up for sale.......(a 2004 996 C2 Cab).

It still looks in great condition 8 years and 45k miles on, and I am rather tempted to go and have a look, even though it's not cheap (It's only lost £8k in those 8 years :eek: )

I have often wondered how it was getting on (it was my first decent car) and thought about buying it back.....

So the question is.....would you ? should you ? It's now slower than my daily Golf but I still remember it very fondly......

I would and I have a few weeks ago.

996 cab tip C2. So the 993 Turbo back to JZM in a week or so. Only problem is that my 4 and 2 year old boys want me to keep the "faster" Porsche

Like old girlfriends the second time around.
It doesn't take long to remember why you dumped them.

I'm with you uuf! Have something normal for daily miles and workhorse use and keep the 911 for fun.
Those Golf Rs are mighty impressive for the money. Quick with pops and bangs and far from boring on a country road. The interior quality puts a 996 to shame too (as it should 20 years later), so not special like a 911 but certain aspects make it a great car.

As for buying back an old 911. I'd love too but all of mine have rocketed now.
The one I'd love back most is my old 964 Turbo, but I sold it for £25k years ago and it was up for £100k at RPM last year, so I'll not be getting back into that anytime soon.

Personally I'd not rush back into a 996 I don't think. Unless you have some great memories in it e.g. Road trips with mates or the wife, etc.

If you can afford it easily though then why not. If it's not as good this time around you won't lose anything money wise.

Id buy any of my 911's back tomorrow, especially the silver 993 Targa with red leather, trouble is the 17k price would now be 47 :nooo:

:frustrated:

I'd like to buy back my old metallic blue 911 2.4 S, 78,000 miles.
I got £8000 for it and would be happy to pay £10,000.

I'd like to buy back my Ferrari Dino too, but I'd need £400,000 more than I sold it for.

Change the record Kimbo. Move on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back