Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have we missed a trick

grbspeedster

At Silverstone Classic yesterday stand selling classics. Had drop head XJS and Roller in prime spot on trade area. Owner decided to spruce up cars, did he use expensive detailer ?
No! Just sprayed on windowleen and buffed off😱
Who's going to be first to try 😂 (Not me!)

Probably not much in there that's going cause damage.

I don't know the exact chemical makeup of Windowlene but it'll be mostly water with a small amount of surfactants, alcohol and vinegar. The vinegar might make it slightly acidic but probably not enough to cause any damage to the paint in the short term.

It's probably not massively different to a diluted solution of IPA so it would be likely to strip wax or sealant off the car, which wouldn't be ideal for most of us, but I doubt that he's too fussed about that. As long as it gets the fingerprints off the car he's probably more than happy at £1.50 a bottle.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back