Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car jack system setup?

ianth said:
Hopefully helping you !
https://www.quickjacklift.co.uk

Like I say,they aren't cheap,but it definitely makes life easier,there was a slight online discount a few weeks ago,so I took the plunge at the discounted price,so glad I did now though as it's so much easier than messing around with jacks,also a bit safer if you are like me and try balancing the car in the middle with one jack :)

This looks good, I like the way there's nothing obsuring the middle of the car and it looks to be easier to store than other lifts.
Which model did you go for?

I went for the 5000kg model,storeage isn't a problem as they just sit in the middle of the garage when not in use,can park over them.

steve r said:
These look promising, currently being refined before full release. Allow you to jack & then support the car at the jacking points.

http://www.rennstand.com/

I actually contacted Rennstand for a possible group buy and got a promising reply, however they are not in full production stage yet and still fine tuning the design to get the costs down. So I envisage a few monthS off yet before they become available. I also contacted Jackpoint Jackstands but they are not interested in offering any incentive and they are very expensive already ($300 for a pair) then paying import duty etc I do not think it's a viable offering.

I too am now warming to Quckjacks and after contacting them they would offer a group buy but only if the items were delivered to one place which does not make it viable as well due to the cost and storage etc.

These group buy offering was

The amount of discount will depend on the number of QuickJacks purchased. Also we would be able to deal with individuals regarding payment. Please see the discounts below –

* Purchase 3 – each one less £30.00
* Purchase 5 – each one less £50.00
* Purchase 10 – each one less £80.00

(Delivery must be made to one location for quantity discounts) Orders would need to be via email rather than the website and your name/club would need to be quoted.

The price for QuickJacks lift suitable for a 911 is £1,113.00 plus VAT (BL-5000SLX Car Lift)

I am no urgent rush as I do need one until need to swap to winter tyres however if these was another discount offering for Quckjacks I would buy one. However the advantage with QuickJacks they are portable and are in and each side are separate modules so storage is more convenient.

alpinaB3 said:
steve r said:
These look promising, currently being refined before full release. Allow you to jack & then support the car at the jacking points.

I actually contacted Rennstand for a possible group buy and got a promising reply, however they are not in full production stage yet and still fine tuning the design, to get the costs down. So I envisage a few month off yet before they become available. I also contacted Jack Stands but they are not interested in offering any incentive and they are very expensive already ($300 for a pair) then paying import duty etc I do not think it's a viable offering.

I read the 993 thread with interest covering the Rennstand designer's development work and manufacturing search. It appears reality has struck in terms of cost and his product is edging close to that of the Jack Stands. Really like the concept but, for someone who would use them on the odd occasion, I can't justify £500+ (for two pairs) by the time you include postage and customs.

Hopefully a more cost effective UK alternative will appear.

I use a SGS low profile, not the lightweight ali version as I found the pump lost pressure but the b45tard heavy 2T version. Together with jackpoint jack stands it's easy enough to get the car in the air...

Stuart said:
I use a SGS low profile, not the lightweight ali version as I found the pump lost pressure but the b45tard heavy 2T version. Together with jackpoint jack stands it's easy enough to get the car in the air...

I'd like to know what your procedure used to get the car off the ground and where you place the stands? Obviously tried and tested.

Well it appears the UK does indeed have its own version of the Jackpoint jackstand:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302393107520

Alas the price is in sterling not dollars so, at £300 a pair, I'm out unfortunately. :nooo:

FRZ 911 said:
Well it appears the UK does indeed have its own version of the Jackpoint jackstand:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302393107520

Alas the price is in sterling not dollars so, at £300 a pair, I'm out unfortunately. :nooo:

Be surprised if Jackpoint Jackstands wouldn't have an issue about patent infringement with the seller of those!

You could well be right. :dont know: Initially I thought they were acting as an importer but their product is clearly their own version.

alpinaB3 said:
steve r said:

I actually contacted Rennstand for a possible group buy and got a promising reply.

I too am now warming to Quckjacks and after contacting them they would offer a group buy.

Rennstand told me that someone in the uk had contacted them about a group buy, must have been you.

I'm thinking the quickjack would be better for what I want & helpfully actually available to buy in the UK.
£30 discount isn't much for a group buy though, what price did you get yours for ianth?

Going by the design the car will move forward/back rather than straight up as it's lifted depending on how the lifts are placed, something to consider if lifting the car in a garage close to a wall. Ianth, can to tell us how much the car moves?

Thanks

If you visit their Facebook homepage they were offing £100 off the price of any Quickjack whiest the "Goodwood Festival of Speed" was on. The discount code no longer works 😔 This offer was better than they were offering as a group buy 😮

Yes indeed,I purchased during the festival of speed and got the £100 discount,I was ready to purchase at usual price so was surprised at the discount.
It moves forward (or backwards depending on which way it's positioned) around 8" on the full height.

Thanks Ian.

Any chance of a demo if you're local to Windsor / London.

If not I'll try to get to them at Alton to see it working.

Demo is no problem for me but I am in manchester so would be a bit of a drag for you!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back