Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lightbulb moment

markturner1960

I booked on to the noisy POCGB at Donnington earlier in the year and this was to be my first track outing in the GT3 since I got her.

Have to say, it was an awesome day, some amazing cars there and the weather was very kind. I had an instructor with me all day, which was great, indeed key to the whole days success, the standout was that realization of just what was special about driving a 911 GT car, that everyone in the media goes on about. Up until then, I had obviously driven the car hard, but on the road and not in the same circumstances as on track. It's difficult to describe, but there were several parts of the day where it all just gelled, I was pushing the car as hard as I could and felt happy with, and the car was just dancing with me, it rewards you for getting it right and I really felt at one with the car. Not only that but after a bit of initial frustration learning over the last few months, my heel and toe technique fell into place, as well as some problem areas of braking technique that I encountered last track day in the M3. The object of the day was to fine tune my trail braking technique and timing, as well as really get to know the car better. It was an outstanding success on both counts.

The other thing I took away was also an great understanding of what the car was telling me as it approached the limits, things like the engine steer as you turn into a fast corner and what you have left after that. I came away even more impressed with the car than I had been and with a real bond developing. What an amazing machine and listening to the Mezger engine howling away behind me through the Kline exhaust, the tyres squealing as well as the smell of hot tyres and brakes, the whole thing was just a real sensory overload.

I will post up a video later once uploaded...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back