Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

symoonbeam said:

Thanks for posting. Awful music! Did you see how slow that system is? Definitely won't be fitting that system. Can you imagine sitting in your car with a line of traffic behind you waiting for the nose to lift?

Yep - horrid!!
Re the speed - system looks to be about as quick as most that I have seen - none seem to be particularly fast!

Heres a link to KW's setup which looks to be hydraulic rather than air powered - still seems quite slow to lift - and the music's not that much better!!

https://youtu.be/eq7NLntg8dl

isysman said:
symoonbeam said:

Thanks for posting. Awful music! Did you see how slow that system is? Definitely won't be fitting that system. Can you imagine sitting in your car with a line of traffic behind you waiting for the nose to lift?

Techart Nose Lift is that Slow,drops down Automatically when you drive over 40mph :eek:

I was told the TechArt kit takes 6 seconds which is still not great. The kits on new cars are instant.

I have decided to cancel my order for the TechArt kit for a few reasons. Mainly because it never arrived but also because they cannot confirm it will be ready in September either. Also I contacted Bilstein UK directly who make the kit for TechArt and they told me the B16 Damptronics kit has been on backorder since 2016. So there is no guarantee I will see this kit this year.

Also after Senoj bringing up the adjustability of the TechArt kit it seems that there is no way to adjust the firmness of the ride, so I could end up with a very harsh ride.

I'm still undecided what I am going to do right now as I do want an axle lift but there are questions that remain unanswered about compatibility with other manufacturers equipment.

I asked about the Ohlins with the TechArt lift kit but I was told that 'no-one knows' and I think I would be expected to basically buy it and see if it fits. I'm not doing that. And I don't know if the other lift kits are compatible either.

On a positive note, I got my seats back from Linas at Design LS snd they are now back in the car and look fab. Video coming next week!

So bit of a plot twist today. I saw someone advertising B16 Damptronics claiming to have them in stock. I've fired off an email to confirm. They do however appear to be the type without PASM control. However it seems Senoj that they are adjustable in this guise. So bullet points taken from advert.

The product benefits at a glance:

10 settings for parallel damping adjustment
Rebound and compression phases can be selected in parallel via the adjusters with the unit in situ
Individual settings ranging from extreme sportiness right up to the highest level of driving comfort
Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles, while installed
Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear
Road-tested by BILSTEIN under motor sports conditions and fine-tuned
Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminium alloy
Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance
Round threads for perfect handling
Quality sport springs made from highly durable material
BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology, made in Germany
German TàœV certificate

isysman said:
So bit of a plot twist today. I saw someone advertising B16 Damptronics claiming to have them in stock. I've fired off an email to confirm. They do however appear to be the type without PASM control. However it seems Senoj that they are adjustable in this guise. So bullet points taken from advert.

Rebound and compression phases can be selected in parallel via the adjusters with the unit in situ
Individual settings ranging from extreme sportiness right up to the highest level of driving comfort
Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance
German TàœV certificate

No pasm control would mean they are not damptronic. Ie not electronic

The features look like a normal, passive, adjustable bilstien coilover. Which is what the regular b16 is.

Senoj said:
isysman said:

German TàœV certificate

The features look like a normal, passive, adjustable bilstien coilover. Which is what the regular b16 is.

Yes that's what I was saying (without PASM)

isysman said:
Senoj said:
isysman said:

German TàœV certificate

Yes that's what I was saying (without PASM)

Yes ie not Damptronic.

Well they also have an advert for cars with PASM but they are asking £3k for them so it's possible hey know they are in short supply as that's Top price. It does say the ride firmness is adjustable though.

Attachments

• bilstein_761.jpeg
    bilstein_761.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 4,890
I was just writing an update.

So all of these sellers on ebay and a couple of others I found last night are advertising equipment they don't have. I called all of them or messaged them and they all replied the same thing: 'We don't have them in stock but we can order them from Bilstein'. Well I can do that! Prices are high on ebay as well, just shows they are advertising something they don't hold and making a profit on it. Would be different at this point if they had stock because they are scarce.

Back to the drawing board.

symoonbeam said:
isysman said:
Well they also have an advert for cars with PASM but they are asking £3k for them so it's possible hey know they are in short supply as that's Top price. It does say the ride firmness is adjustable though.

Have you tried here? They show them as being in stock on their web site
http://www.tdcautomotive.com/bilstein-b16-car-damptronic-coilover-full-kit-49-135817.html

Even this company said this: "Hi,

Unfortunately not, they are on back order until September. We need to remove these listings.

Thanks, Ross."

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back