Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth / Aux connection 997.1

dan4s997

Silverstone
I'm currently looking at different options to install bluetooth or a AUX cable to my 997.1 pcm 2.

Firstly theirs a rumour on pistonheads forum and Rennlist that you can buy a 8 pin connecter with AUX 3.5mm end that connects through the Cd changer port. I've done this and it does not work.

I have seen plenty of interface kits that connect via the optical cables, for around £150.00 but is this only with the bose systems? I do not have the bose system in my car, can this still work?

Is their any other options that are reasonably priced. I want to keep the original oem system, so not keen on swapping the full unit and £300+ for the dension and other systems seems quite a lot.

Dan have a look at navtv producte , before I upgraded to a new double din head unit in my old gen 1 ,I used a tooki from nav tv this sat behind the pcm 2.1 and gave me blue tooth through the PCM 2.1

https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-21-bluetooth-phone-kit-tookipor

I also fitted a poripod from navtv this allowed me to stream music from my ipod through the pcm 2.1 . I didnt have bose on my car. I connected this behind the pcm and fed it to my armrest cubby and left the ipod in there. you will need to buy a little £10 thing that allows the ipod to charge up cant remember what this was called but if you speak to the tech support at nav tv they will tell you as it was them that advised me what to buy.

https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-ipod-integration-por-ipod

there are other brands with similar function that sit behind the pcm 2.1 and allow interface through the pcm. :thumb:

dan4s997 said:
Thanks Phil, i'll have a look!

Been doing so more research and theirs a few people that have used the Most interface kit on the 997.1. Connects 2 also have a similar product.

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=82&cat=21&page=1

Its connects through the optical cables, will this work on a 997.1 that does not have the Bose sound system?

Problem is Dan some non bose cars have optical wiring and some dont and there is no reasons why, it must be just what was issued at the factory my non bose did have optical cable and when I fitted my new alpine head unit after the mods to the 2.1 I then needed the most interface . but theres no way of knowing what cables you have until you get into the job and see. :dont know:

Heres a pic of the back of my stereo. Does it have a optical port? Thanks
4uvaMMZ.jpg

Ah Dan that looks like it might be the non sat nav unit is that correct its not the PCM 2.1 but the CRD24 can you post a pic of the front :thumb:

If you don't mind having a new stereo, look at actually replacing the stereo itself. Even with a connects2 interface etc, the PCM2.1 is still a pile of junk and doesn't work very well with an ipod. I had the connects2 installed and though, yes, it did connect an ipod, if I had to many albums it couldn't cope with them, and by to many I mean about 60.....

So I went the route of replacement and have a pioneer SPH DA120 now, which works well, but has been replaced by newer units. What I like about it is that it has full bluetooth and phone connectivity, and 2 USB outs so I have a phone charging cable, and an ipod, connected to it. It also has apple carplay and anroid mirrorlink, which is definately what you want to be aiming for.

PCM2.1 can be sold on ebay for around £350, so you can offset a large chunk of the cost.

enjoy :)

It does have sat nav. Heres a pic of the front

Ah good it is a pcm 2.1 , I know you want to stay stock , as resigner says they are a bit slow and clunky to make the PCM 2.1 work with bluetooth and ipod but it is the only option if you want to stay stock . I did eventually upgrade to an Alpine head unit which did everything much better but it was not a stock look .
I cannot tell you if your cables are fibre optic or not would need an ICE guy to take a look.

the pic shows the alpine head unit , I was halfway through the mods of the interior which is why there are different colour trim pieces in the pic etc.
give it some thought about fitting a new head unit before you go to the expense of the parts you need to get the best from the 2.1 as the cost is quite similar to do either, or you can do as I did which is pay twice to upgrade the 2.1 then finally fit the alpine unit. :eek: :grin: :thumb: but its your car and you know the look you want to achieve and if it must stay stock looking then you have no alternative but to fit the items that sit behind the PCM and interface with it. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1009_384.jpg
    img_1009_384.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4,761
Thanks for the advice. Ideally i do want to keep it stock looking. So might do some research to see if ive got the optical port on mine.

AUX

I've got a version of this installed, it was about £80 a few years back:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-3G-M...564296?hash=item43e37f1108:g:fBMAAOSwVL1WDorY

I unplugged the CD changer and replaced it with this. I now have an AUX input when I select CD Changer.

NB I do get an error saying 'CD changer not found' but I can live with this.

I also have a Nokia CK-300 Bluetooth streaming kit installed to the AUX adapter and it works a treat to my iPhone. The car kit remote allows track skipping etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back