Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Mile GT3

jotaking

What do the folks on here think of this???

http://www.broadoakinternational.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-911-3-6-997-gt3-2dr-201707217597893

Does the 997 require a full engine rebuild or major component changes at a certain mileage?

Also..

Although there is a lot of service history, it looks to have had consecutive minor services with big gaps on the majors??

porsche-911-gt3-997-gt3-S3026968-1.jpg

WOW 140k in 6 years! :eek:

and :worship:

Give Fearnsport a call, I am sure they will tell you all you'd need to know about it.

Good luck :thumb:

Cunno will have a view on this as he puts the miles on his.

I remember 911v selling a high miler a few years back that had a lot of discussion on PH but it sold no problem.

If it has PCCB it must be getting near the point at when they're due a change which ain't cheap :dont know:

I've seen this car in the flesh and it has aged well. It was only sold 4-6 months back. As already said speak to Matt at FS I'm sure he will be happy to talk but he does go on holiday today

Cunno said:
I've seen this car in the flesh and it has aged well. It was only sold 4-6 months back. As already said speak to Matt at FS I'm sure he will be happy to talk but he does go on holiday today

Perhaps the new owner has now understood the true cost of running an old Porsche for regular track use? Not cheap! He had some great plans for track days etc.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1647873&i=0

Will depend on the car surely ? I had a 50k mile Mk1 inspected last year and was told it would probably need a rebuild within the next 10k miles or so.

Based on the first sale and back up story from owner Roger I would have been tempted to buy if I wanted a GT3.

Now Luke bought it and appears to have sold it in a few months it does raise a few questions :?:

Does OPC warranty extend beyond 150k as it must have a mileage cut off somewhere :dont know:

Zingari said:
Based on the first sale and back up story from owner Roger I would have been tempted to buy if I wanted a GT3.

Now Luke bought it and appears to have sold it in a few months it does raise a few questions :?:

Does OPC warranty extend beyond 150k as it must have a mileage cut off somewhere :dont know:

Warranty runs out forever when this one expires

The limit for renewal is 125k and that's why it was done for 2 years when it was renewed just before 125k

Still 9k later the car has gone up in value :bandit:

Desert Dragon said:

Enough said. :?: Let's hope the new owner charts their experience.

Zingari said:
Desert Dragon said:

Enough said. :?: Let's hope the new owner charts their experience.

Sold but still subject to an inspection I'd imagine so lets see if it actually makes it through.

If you know Luke it would be good to ask him why he cut his plans short to track it all over Europe :D

Zingari said:
Cunno will have a view on this as he puts the miles on his.

I remember 911v selling a high miler a few years back that had a lot of discussion on PH but it sold no problem.

If it has PCCB it must be getting near the point at when they're due a change which ain't cheap :dont know:

Prior to this car Roger had a Cobalt blue Mk2 996 GT3. When he pensioned it off, it had done 180k miles. The original (and deeply flawed) PCCBs still hadn't started to break up or delaminate.
When I saw the car shortly before its sale, the discs faces were wavey (ie worn in the way good old fashioned cast iron discs (with proper amounts of chromium in the cast iron) used to wear after 50,60,70k miles). But whilst they were worn, they were still serviceable.

The 997 PCCBs are larger and better ventilated, ergo they should run cooler and thus oxidise less and in turn wear less/last longer.
So they should have minimum 30k miles road use left on them (though I suspect if used solely on the road, it'd probably more like 50-100k).

I met the owner of Roger's 996 last year at Brands. He had the discs refurbed by Sicom and is still using the car properly.

I saw Roger's 997 a month before he sold it & the discs looked like new; in fact the whole car looked like it could have had 30K on the speedo & nobody would have questioned it.

With checks and everything this looks like a bargain...

:thumb:

Chaps, help me understand this.

55k for 150k mile car, its not unreasonable to think it will need a rebuild at some point soon, what would this typically cost? £30k

If it is £30k the net effect is a 150k mile car owes you £85k

Would you not be better off spending £80k on a 28k mile car like this..,

http://www.strasse.co.uk/cars.asp?car_id=356&page=1
PORSCHE 997 GT3 **LOW MILEAGE** 2007
£76,995 (For Sale)

Black, Black interior, Comfort pack, Leather bucket seats, Sat nav, Telephone module, ETC **28,130**

What am I in missing?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back