Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Want to reset battery, anything I should know?

REKX

Hey guys,

Basically my parrot Bluetooth thing stopped working recently, nothing happens. I left the car off but kept the music playing and after a while it just wouldn't turn on, so I'm not sure if its broken or the parrot thing thinks the car is off.

So I think it's worth a try to reset the battery, just by opening and closing the negative terminal.

If that don't work then I'm going to replace the parrot control unit, but I reckon it is worth a try with the battery first.

Is there anything I should know, or will it mess anything up in the car?

Carrera 997.1

Cheers guys.

REKX said:
Hey guys,

Basically my parrot Bluetooth thing stopped working recently, nothing happens. I left the car off but kept the music playing and after a while it just wouldn't turn on, so I'm not sure if its broken or the parrot thing thinks the car is off.

So I think it's worth a try to reset the battery, just by opening and closing the negative terminal.

If that don't work then I'm going to replace the parrot control unit, but I reckon it is worth a try with the battery first.

Carrera 997.17

Cheers guys.

hi, by taking the negative off then on wont do anything, discharging a system within the cars electrics takes a good few hours, best bet is to find out where the wiring for the parrot and trace the fuse link and take it from there... worst case it may be damaged , how? cant tell ya and by leaving the music on whilst draining the battery couldnt cause it, by jump starting the car may have affected the parrot and in all safety it killed the fuse..... I wouldnt worry about it, trace the wiring and get a multimeter on the wiring, if you have 12v running on it then parrot is a dead bird, if no 12v showing then its the fuse.

have fun..

j

-- 997 -- said:
REKX said:
Hey guys,

Carrera 997.17

Cheers guys.

hi, by taking the negative off then on wont do anything, discharging a system within the cars electrics takes a good few hours, best bet is to find out where the wiring for the parrot and trace the fuse link and take it from there... worst case it may be damaged , how? cant tell ya and by leaving the music on whilst draining the battery couldnt cause it, by jump starting the car may have affected the parrot and in all safety it killed the fuse..... I wouldnt worry about it, trace the wiring and get a multimeter on the wiring, if you have 12v running on it then parrot is a dead bird, if no 12v showing then its the fuse.

have fun..

j

Thank you, I guess its worth a try.

And yeah I'm as lazy as it comes, so I will probably take it to the dealer and tell them to mess around with it until it works.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back