Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo steering wheel options

Boba fett

Having looked at a few cars, I have noticed the 997 Turbo can have either a round airbag type steering wheel which to me, looks better and more sporty or a triangle airbag look one.

Is one just simply an optional extra or a multi function version etc ?

The 997.2 Turbos come with the round center and either buttons or paddles... The buttons suck big time but are easily changed to a paddle one :)

The triangular one is the optional MF wheel. Never liked the look of it and when I drove a car with one, kept turning the volume up/down and skipping CD tracks. The round one is better (and what I have) but not as nice as the Gen2/991 one member 'Kam' has that I'm thinking of swapping to.

I went from the triangle to the GEN 2 round mf not sure what the options were for the turbo but much more choice now with the GEN 2 and 991 wheels. Boba is this part of your upgrades along with the carbon buckets?

Attachments

• img_6087_206.jpg
    img_6087_206.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 4,981
  • img_6086_117.jpg
    img_6086_117.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 4,981
991 on 997.1

Hi Guys

I did a 997.2 wheel onto a 997.1 a few years ago.
Now going to do a 991 onto a 997.1 :thumbs:

Attachments

• capture_184.jpg
    capture_184.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 4,899
Mine has this wheel, which was down on the original spec sheet as an optional extra "thicker sports steering wheel", although to me its very thin, certainly half the thickness of modern wheels you get in bmw`s/audi`s etc.

484996d1288477180-who-has-the-thicker-steering-wheel-option-wheel.jpg

silvermilnec said:
I went from the triangle to the GEN 2 round mf not sure what the options were for the turbo but much more choice now with the GEN 2 and 991 wheels. Boba is this part of your upgrades along with the carbon buckets?
Hi mate, i have got an identical car to you i think 1.5 black/black and have the triangle wheel.

Could you put me in touch with who you did yours through? I am in North Yorkshire too.

Cheers in advance.

Adrian

adrian1982 said:
silvermilnec said:
Hi mate, i have got an identical car to you i think 1.5 black/black and have the triangle wheel.

Could you put me in touch with who you did yours through? I am in North Yorkshire too.

Cheers in advance.

Adrian

Hi mate I did it diy and had my Indy re program the new steering wheel interface. It's easy really and I'd be more than happy to help! Is yours multi function?

Boba fett said:
Having looked at a few cars, I have noticed the 997 Turbo can have either a round airbag type steering wheel which to me, looks better and more sporty or a triangle airbag look one.

Std wheel has triangular airbag
Sport wheel has round airbag
MF wheel is triangular, but with annoying MF controls.

There are also the button tip versions but the rate they're swapped out, most are in landfill.

Gen 2 airbags all round but also offered with more options - pdk, mf etc.

jonno_ said:
Boba fett said:

Std wheel has triangular airbag
Sport wheel has round airbag
MF wheel is triangular, but with annoying MF controls.

There are also the button tip versions but the rate they're swapped out, most are in landfill.

Gen 2 airbags all round but also offered with more options - pdk, mf etc.

Ahhh, mine has the Sport wheel with round airbag !!

Some nice wheels on here - food for thought!!

Hi All,
Bit late I know but this looks encouraging for me that wants to change my 997.1 triangle wheel to the a circular sports wheel like the above pictures.

Has it actually been done?

And

What are the things to be aware of.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back