Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Cab warranty

jazzy2000

Coming up to 2 years since buying from OPC. Anyone have any suggestions where i should go with renewing my warranty? Thanks in advance.

Unless you declined to pay for it when new you should have a 3rd year left yet

Bought used so only 2 years warranty. I wonder whats the annual warranty cost these days.

Appreciate this was a couple of weeks ago, but my 2p:

The OPC warranty is around £1200 for one year and £1900 for 2 years. You also need to pay for the 111 point check if your warranty has ended (another few hundred quid).

There's tonnes to consider - including how your car feels right now, and how it's performed since you got it. A lemon of a car could conceivably claim 5 figures over a couple of years - especially for niggly electrical things that the 991 is known for having issues with. Those end up needing repeat investigations and trial'n'error fixes. For a well built and looked after 991, you could lose your ~2k warranty cost with nothing to claim for.

A major consideration will be resale. If you have OPC warranty on your car when you come to sell, you will get a lot more attention, and possibly a little extra cash because it has the warranty. It gives the prospective owner piece of mind, and allows them to extend at their leisure; without paying for any checks, or having to rectify issues in order to get it on a scheme. I say this as a recent 991 shopper.

My final point is moot however, if you're just going to trade it in for a 991.2 down the line.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back