Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1980's 911 Project Info Please!

Steve08

So this has been sitting local to me for a while (10 odd years)

Any more details on model/spec?

Original wheels are with it too.

Would be looking at making an offer as a project, from what I can see very little rust.

Needs a bit of work to get it running, and interior needs a good look at.

Ballpark figure if that is possible?

Steve,

pretty sure its an SC which will be a 3.0 either 188bhp or 204 bhp depending on the year good to hear the original wheels are with it as you would probably be looking at 1000-1500 for a set of Fuchs, 3.0 engine is a cracker the 915 gearbox takes a bit of getting used to and will cost 1500-2000 to rebuild if synchros are worn.

Rust is your big enemy/money pit with these cars but as you say it "looks" pretty decent wings,windscreen scuttle,door shuts and kidney bowls are the key area`s to check.

price wise the market is just nuts with road going Sc anything between 20-40k and basket cases on Ebay hit 10k in a heartbeat and I think 10-15k is where your at with this car if the body is decent buy the time you have went through the brakes/suspension/fuel/oil pipes/interior etc you will be another 10k down the line.

good luck it does look pretty decent :thumb:

Good info on early models here www.ddk-online.com

i bought a similar 1983 sc a few years back it had been stood app 10 years also but within a week i had it through the mot and back on the road there great cars
i have since done a lot of work on it but as long as it's not a total rot box and your handy with the tools and a welder i would go for it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back