Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in a 993 - Goodbye Viola 4S. Hello Riviera RS.

8)

^^ Hi C2CKL long time no post :thumb: Have you still got your long termer 993?

To clarify the article posted above is not my car but the Porsche Museum's clubsport 993RS, just realised my earlier post could be misleading :oops: It was to highlight why I went with the Trofeo's. Anyway just thought I'd mention in case there was any element of doubt. :judge: :bye:

yes cage gave it away James, also I know you wouldn't have it out in the wet :thumb:

Let us know how you get on with them pls.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
....also I know you wouldn't have it out in the wet :thumb:

Let us know how you get on with them pls.

Trev

I will do :thumbs: Didn't fancy trying them out the other week... the Michelin PS's were struggling with the standing water...ended up trying to pick out the lines from the car infront :eek:

Attachments

• in_rain_385.jpg
    in_rain_385.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 5,437
No James, I don't have the 'long termer - daily driver' any more I'm afraid, and I'm not very useful at posting on here either!

Anyway can i join 'the club' ?

No application necessary all welcome :) :thumb: How long did you keep your 993 for as when I signed up on here in 2009 you'd had yours for a fair while, 10+ years? What's the pic of as its not working, have you tried 'choose file' and then 'add attachment' found below a new message/reply window?

No I hadn't - told you i don't post too good!

Here goes again....

Attachments

• img_1700__version_2_990.jpg
    img_1700__version_2_990.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 5,308
Just beautiful :worship: A few more details on it would be great :thumbs:

Hi BTW Chris :grin:

Hello again James - you've 'outed' me now :D

So just a little spiel as requested.

My C2 long termer had to go (really wish it hadn't though as i loved that car! - think that a user of this forum may have it) as I was 'collecting' too many cars and something had to give. Wanted the wife to keep it as her daily but that didn't work out and as i was on the verge of buying something else....so.......

The RS is a genuine UK RHD car with 28k miles and an interesting original spec. It is totally standard with the small spoiler pack as ordered, except i have changed the steering wheel to the Porsche Motorsport version which is personally more comfortable for me and gives me greater clearance above the knees/ thighs. Oh and it has the 'RSR's fitted (originals in lovely condition under wraps in garage along with orig. steering wheel).

It is a fantastic car to drive (as I'm sure you know) - and for me embodies a lot of qualities from differing RS models - very, very useable and just so lovely to drive.

Unfortunately won't have it for the S/S Classic next week due to circumstances and already booked in with the 964.

Will look out for you on the Sunday - I take it you will be in yours?

All the best
Chris
PS. Thanks for the picture posting lesson last night - very helpful. Even an idiot like me can get it right eventually!

Hi Chris, very nice indeed, good to have another RS on here, C16 car very special 8)

Yeah should be in mine. See you on the sunday :thumbs:

A new pic since it's been over a year since i've updated this thread :oops: 8) And also I see my old Viola 4S is back with 911 virgin!

Attachments

• m70rsl_runway_352.jpg
    m70rsl_runway_352.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 2,703

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back