Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991.2 TurboS Cab order

Hi Mark
Can't help with what the delay might be, but my 991.2 GTS arrived at my OPC just over a week after it left the factory - that was last week so no delay on mine. Not picking it up for a couple of weeks though, bad timing for us as away now and busy the week we get home. Will have it registered in August rather than July but I'm not prepared to wait until sept!

Hope you get good news soon.
Gordon.

Gorsh said:
Hi Mark
Can't help with what the delay might be, but my 991.2 GTS arrived at my OPC just over a week after it left the factory - that was last week so no delay on mine. Not picking it up for a couple of weeks though, bad timing for us as away now and busy the week we get home. Will have it registered in August rather than July but I'm not prepared to wait until sept!

Hope you get good news soon.
Gordon.

Thanks Gordon, thats not sounding too bad then.
Whilst you can't actually get it (mildly frustrating) knowing it's there and ready is a kind of consolation for you.... :thumb:

My car left the factory on the 7th/8th and arrived at the port for shipping which should have been last week. I was told that it would be ready this week so just a tad disappointed as things are on hold (like PPf and a last minute holiday) whilst waiting.

Anyway, I'll just go and watch another you tube video. :thumbs:

That 650s is beautiful. Really interesting comments on the attention. Having got to the position where I could afford one I find myself thinking that I dont really want to be seen in something on that level - I would love to own one and drive one, but I am not interested in that sort of attention at all - especially from the boy racers.

When I got my C4s I didnt even bother trying anything else. My mates were aghast that I hadn't tried an Aston or a Ferrari, but they weren't the ones spending the money! When it's your own dosh it's amazing how fast your thinking changes. I have zero interest in Ferrari's now. I would love a McLaren, but I've never even summoned the effort to arrange a test drive. I did try an R8 V10 Plus and an i8 before going for the C4 GTS... but in the end there was only one answer.

PS - One of those mates now has a C2s 991.2! Are you reading this Mark? :puh: :bye:

Desert Dragon said:
Locked down spec on our 991 turbo S cab yesterday. Nov build with Jan delivery. :thumbs:

Quite a bit of of the exclusive options don't show up on the configurator. Last thing waiting for is whether Porsche will give us the extra bit of power they have given to the 500 exclusive turbo s

PJZPRGH8

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/

Fab specs and look forward to seeing the pics when it arrives.

scoot said:
Desert Dragon said:
Locked down spec on our 991 turbo S cab yesterday. Nov build with Jan delivery. :thumbs:

Quite a bit of of the exclusive options don't show up on the configurator. Last thing waiting for is whether Porsche will give us the extra bit of power they have given to the 500 exclusive turbo s

PJZPRGH8

Fab specs and look forward to seeing the pics when it arrives.

:thumbs:

Desert Dragon said:

PJZPRGH8

Wow! Stunning!

Will you be exposing that masterpiece to the brown salty crud that January gifts us with?? Noooooooooo........ :nooo:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Desert Dragon said:

PJZPRGH8

Wow! Stunning!

Will you be exposing that masterpiece to the brown salty crud that January gifts us with?? Noooooooooo........ :nooo:

Hi Buddy hope you're well.

Its SWMBO's car so whilst I'm sure she may let me have a go in it she's already very protective of her current 997.2 C4S cab which has only covered 22000 miles since 2009. It doesn't see the rain often and I expect the same with the turbo S. Treats all her cars like Fezzas. Doesn't even like taking her hatchback or SUV out in the rain :grin:

Desert Dragon said:

PJZPRGH8

A lot of nice leather options in there :), I didn't really go for these but went for the exterior stuff like aero pack and lifter. A lot seem to be going for the aero but your not one of them... Any reason for that? Lovely car though..it's a hard time waiting. :nooo:

BishBosh said:
Desert Dragon said:

PJZPRGH8

A lot of nice leather options in there :), I didn't really go for these but went for the exterior stuff like aero pack and lifter. A lot seem to be going for the aero but your not one of them... Any reason for that? Lovely car though..it's a hard time waiting. :nooo:

Front lift. The front lip folds up electrically so not really needed I do not think? If other owners think its a must let me know as we can still add to spec for a few days.

Aerokit. I suppose its subjective and 991 hardly the prettiest 911 with all its intake vents but think it looks a little bit better without additional spoilers and easier to clean! The interior is hopefully going to be quite nice for a Porsche :)

Desert Dragon said:
Front lift. The front lip folds up electrically so not really needed I do not think? If other owners think its a must let me know as we can still add to spec for a few days.

Aerokit. I suppose its subjective and 991 hardly the prettiest 911 with all its intake vents but think it looks a little bit better without additional spoilers and easier to clean! The interior is hopefully going to be quite nice for a Porsche :)

I have a steep bump on my drive and even my van catches if I'm not at the right angle. Feeling like I should have done aa bit more to mine inside...too late now. :wink:

BishBosh said:
Desert Dragon said:

I have a steep bump on my drive and even my van catches if I'm not at the right angle. Feeling like I should have done aa bit more to mine inside...too late now. :wink:

I wouldn't worry about it. Cost a fortune!

Collection day on Saturday. :thumbs:

The car connect app is all set up allowing me to control and view certain functions which is great considering I've not even seen it yet...I can see its at Reading and 11 miles on the clock with a full tank of fuel. Can't wait....

Attachments

• img_1041_129.png
    img_1041_129.png
    773.5 KB · Views: 7,730
BishBosh said:

The car connect app is all set up allowing me to control and view certain functions which is great considering I've not even seen it yet...I can see its at Reading and 11 miles on the clock with a full tank of fuel. Can't wait....

Now that is cool! I bet Saturday cannot come quick enough. Congrats on the car, and definitely upload some high quality photos when you can.

BishBosh said:

The days must be dragging for you waiting till Saturday. I would be tempted to mess around with the remote functions :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back