Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre advice on soon be acquired GT3

Congratulations on the new purchase :thumbs: Is it that lovely black one at 911V? 8)

All the best with the new P&J :thumb:

As for tyre choice I can't give factual advice. However a quick email to HI in Reading will point you right direction.

I would say you are ok on the standard set up. I assume you won't be going over confident on the roads to test the heart rates of your Insurance company.

The main option you do have is to have another set of Original Equipment wheels (Porsche Approved) with different N compound tyres. Possibly run on the track using the second set of wheels and put the track focused tyres on them.

Are you going to be putting the vehicle back under Porsche Warranty in your ownership or is the new car modified?

Could well be the black 911V car NottsRS :grin:
I remember very well the white one you bought from them kas750 :thumb:
Its bog standard MNC911, so future warranty options are still all there.

Suspected it may well have been the black one at 911V - looks a great car :thumb:

MJA911 said:
I remember very well the white one you bought from them kas750 :thumb:
I miss it...they're a great car.

Attachments

• img_0090_823.jpg
    img_0090_823.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 2,431
MJA911 said:
Interesting that you mention GEO senoj, at some stage I'm sure I'll be up to CG, but in the meantime is there anything that means the excellent indie who's doing the pre-sale prep couldn't set the car to factory GEO? I'm just thinking about how adjustable they are, ride height for example. I'm assuming ride height has a factory setting which is road/tyre friendly?

I had my GT3 set up by Chris at COG. My ride height was set to low from the factory. I had 5-10mm of travel on the rear shocks. Was hitting the bump stops on A and B roads. Handling felt scary.Rear roll bar was set to its stiffest also.Definately set more for track. My car spens 99% of its time on the road, so a road setup is what Chris did.I was ther 11 hours, so many thing were adjusted and shims changed. Wow what a difference. Felt like i had a new car.

Interesting evodarren, you don't happen to know what the other settings looked like after CG, e.g. The front and rear negative cambers? If the front for example has a factory/road range of -0.5 to -1.5 would be interesting to know where Chris put yours. LIkewise at the rear, the range was -1 to -3, what did Chris go for?

Looking at where he put my C4S last year versus the range, it looks to me as if he goes for the smallest values in these ranges when setting a car from for somebody who says they want neutral handling.

MJA911 said:
Interesting evodarren, you don't happen to know what the other settings looked like after CG, e.g. The front and rear negative cambers? If the front for example has a factory/road range of -0.5 to -1.5 would be interesting to know where Chris put yours. LIkewise at the rear, the range was -1 to -3, what did Chris go for?

Looking at where he put my C4S last year versus the range, it looks to me as if he goes for the smallest values in these ranges when setting a car from for somebody who says they want neutral handling.

Front Camber 045 rear Camber 1.15
Front caster 7.30
Front Toe 0.3
Rear Toe 0.11
Thrust ange 0.00

Brilliant, thanks! We (indie and me) were discussing -0.5 front and -1.0 rear yesterday, so on the right track (pardon the pun), this is really helpful :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Brilliant, thanks! We (indie and me) were discussing -0.5 front and -1.0 rear yesterday, so on the right track (pardon the pun), this is really helpful :thumb:

My ride height was raise 9mm on front 10mm on rear. Rides all the bumps now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back