Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

I thought Infrasilver (Chris) said Imgur didn't work here ........ :?:

:dont know:

[quote="AndyS
Also - now using PostImages since Photo Bucket screwed us all :nooo:
[/quote]

+1 for postimages.org

I tried imgur on another site and couldn't get it to work.

Maybe 911uk towers has re-jigged the security settings to now accept Imgur ........ :?:

:dont know:

ARP said:
Pedro Ice Wax has largely cured the front windscreen creaking, not totally cured but loads better. Just squeezed the bottle in under the rubber seal and ran it around using the nozzle to open the gap.
Just done a second treatment and will see if that helps quieten the last little bit.

great, have ordered some :thumb:

Second treatment of Pedros Ice Wax has silenced the front screen creak, now to see how long it lasts. Pleased to have this sorted for now!

Cold air intake

As an alternative to the plastic one which keeps falling off. From FVD in Carbon/Kevlar

Attachments

• snorkel_206.jpg
    snorkel_206.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 4,970
A good and really reassuring hour spent at Porsche Portsmouth with one of their technicians and the 993 in the air carrying out a very detailed assesment of exactly what needs changing at same time as doing FSD shocks and Mo33 Springs.

All pretty good was the conclusion with some slight wear but no major items. Agreement is to book it in and then if when its apart more needs doing they will let me know.

From my own experience I find the team at Portsmouth incredibly accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.

Engine Tidy Strip

Finally installed the engine tidy strip to hide the untidy insulation foam.

Before (engine bay covered to prevent the clips falling down)

After

New black rubber/plastic engine-cooling air duct to replace split one (that appeared overnight).

Part 993.106.403.00 for non-Vario 1995 car from OPC Hatfield. £33.72 incl VAT and PDC discount.

Tips on removal and fitting to a/c car. You will need 10mm combination spanner:

1. Remove the plastic retaining clip from the two a/c hoses so they can be lifted away for more room. NOTE! The retaining clip detaches completely - it is not hinged. So will ping off if you are not careful...

2. Loosen the three bolts a couple of turns. There is no nut on the other side, the metal fan shroud is threaded. But soft cast metal, so no over-tightening.

3. Pull the old split duct off the big black plastic air duct that feeds it. Push air duct away from bolts and with some wiggling it comes out.

4. Carefully (so they don't drop into the engine bay) remove the middle and left-hand - as you look at the engine - bolts and washers. The other won't come out as it's up against the a/c compressor support. It can be loosened off more.

4. Wipe a little washing up liquid on opening of new duct and clip it onto the big black plastic air duct. This was easy.

5. Wiggle the duct around so that the rear three rear clips sit on the inside of the plastic engine shroud and the three cut-outs slide into place on the holes for the bolts. I found getting the one under the right-hand (a/c side) bolts was OK if unscrewed to the limit.

6. Fit centre bolt - can be done with socket. Don't tighten up yet.

7. Left-hand bolt is tricky, as you are fitting it UNDER the new (and stiff) flexible part of the duct. I just did it by willpower and a flat-bladed screwdriver to guide it in until the thread started to bite. This is when the bolt can fall into the engine bay. Careful!

8. Pull on the new duct to make sure it is secure and the cut-outs are up against the bolts and the rear clips inside the shroud.

9. Tighten up bolts.

10. Refit a/c hose retaining clip and make sure it's fully clicked home.

going all retro with this Birch Gear Lever to replace my tired std gear lever

controversial but hopefully the idea works....

Attachments

• 2017_08_04_16_12_37_212.jpg
    2017_08_04_16_12_37_212.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4,553
911UK said:
controversial but hopefully the idea works....

:hand: I doubt it :what:

Reminiscent of the Carrera GT. Each to their own and good to see someone thinking outside the box. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back