Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing my car before selling

I put it into OPC today and that's them just called to say it's ready for collection so all good. Now to get it advertised and hopefully sold.

GARY S said:
To the uninitiated the words "engine rebuild" in a sales advert would IMHO deter potential purchasers in any event. Only buyers who have seriously researched buying a Porsche model would know the issues with the M96/97 engines and the significant of Hartech future proofing of the original design. When I purchased my Boxster from new in 2001 & 997 from new in 2004 I had no idea of the issues already surfacing with the engines, assuming Porsche was the by word for automotive engineering excellence. That perception still prevails today in the minds of "Jo public". A Hartech service would complement the rebuild "history".

I agree that to the uninitiated "engine rebuild" might deter a lot of people, however those in the know and prospective buyers who have done their research would see the additional value that a Hartech rebuilt motor would bring not to mention the peace of mind, particularly a fully rebuilt engine i.e. All six barrels! The target market to get the best price would be the informed buyer and Hartech stamps in the book, imo, would be worth their weight in gold! Hartech probably know these cars better than most OPC and indies, that's my experience anyway!

I'm in the camp of Hartech is a plus over standard car. I fancy the idea of a Gen 1 cab for the Mrs and would ideally search for a Hartech Gen 1

Ended up servicing it at OPC as Hartech couldn't fit me in until September so too long to wait as I would like to sell it sooner and buy my new car. To be fair they were fantastic compared to my previous experiences with them new premises and staff was a very different experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back