Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trying to find spec of car when new !

k11pol

Does anyone know how I can find the full spec of my car when it was new ? I obviously know most of it but might be missing a few things.

Any Porsche dealership should be able to give you this info. Also you can apply for a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche which will have the info on also.

That's good news, I'm booking it into Porsche next week for a service so will ask for the info at the same time, thanks

Hi,

There should be a sticker on the service book with the spec details

I asked for the spec while car was being serviced today and they printed it off no problem.

M9JOC said:
Hi,

There should be a sticker on the service book with the spec details

Have just found the sticker in my service book, had a Google and found this page for seeing what's what, Not all codes are listed, I cant find code 250, also the code starting with a letter.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but in the car handbook it mentions the mirror tilt when reversing (where the passengers mirror tilts down when reverse is selected). Does anyone know if this is a feature to all cars or can I assume mine is not working.

[/url]https://www.porscheclubgb.com/PCGB/media/R31%20assets/Docs/Porsche-Option-Codes.pdf?ext=.pdf

Swamps :)

Swampy said:
Not wanting to hijack the thread but in the car handbook it mentions the mirror tilt when reversing (where the passengers mirror tilts down when reverse is selected). Does anyone know if this is a feature to all cars or can I assume mine is not working.

To activate the dipping side mirror the mirror adjustment switch needs to be turned to the passenger side. If it is it should work.

maph said:
Swampy said:

To activate the dipping side mirror the mirror adjustment switch needs to be turned to the passenger side. If it is it should work.

Thanks Maph, I read that and tried it, and no it doesn't work :(
The car is going back to Porsche at the end of the month to have the rear light cluster looked at as it has condensation (under warranty I hope), I was going to ask them to look at the mirror but I didn't want to look like a plonker if it wasn't fitted :-O

Hi Swampy,

Does yours have memory seats? If so you can set the dipped mirror position for each button/ key.

If you do have memory I would check that the dipped position has not been accidentally set to the same position as the non dipped if that makes sense.

Failing that it does indeed sounds like you need it checked out.

Dipping reversing mirror is part of the memory seat package only.

Option 250 is 7-speed PDK (dual clutch) transmission.

What other option codes can't you find?

maph said:
Hi Swampy,

Does yours have memory seats? If so you can set the dipped mirror position for each button/ key.

If you do have memory I would check that the dipped position has not been accidentally set to the same position as the non dipped if that makes sense.

Failing that it does indeed sounds like you need it checked out.

Thanks Maph for you input, I do have the memory seats and I know exactly where you are coming from with regards to the reverse setting being the same as the non dipped setting , last night I had a re-read of the owners manual and I have done the following,
Mirror control switch on passenger
1 ignition on
2 select reverse
3 adjust the mirror as preferred
4 press M and hold and then press 1 on the door panel (get a quick bleep).
Then if I drive off as mirror should return to normal non dipped position once car reaches 4mph I think it is but it doesn't, stays where it is.
If I then return it to a non dipped position manually, then select reverse mirror stays the same.
I think I'll let them sort it out as I really would like this feature as so not to kerb the wheels.

TonyC911 said:
Dipping reversing mirror is part of the memory seat package only.

Thanks TonyC911, i do have the memory seat package :)

basildon993 said:
Option 250 is 7-speed PDK (dual clutch) transmission.

What other option codes can't you find?

Thanks Basildon, I initially only wanted to find out if I had a dipped mirror when I started to read this thread (Thanks k11pol) but then curiosity went on from their.
I have attached a picture of my spec so now its just the ones that start with a letter that I couldn't find eg the first three rows.

Attachments

• img_2759_200.jpg
    img_2759_200.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3,967
MA1.01 Engine Type

CG130 Transmission code for a 7 speed PDK transmission manufactured by ZF Friedrichshafen, Germany

Not sure of the 'L' but C9Z is the Paint code for Basalt Black (Z4)

AT - Black Full leather interior

C16 is the Country Code - United Kingdom

XES - Not on my list! Porsche Exclusive Option maybe?

XXB is a Porsche Exclusive Option - Door entry guards stainless steel and illuminated

Hope that helps a little. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back