Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Weiss Gold wheels on Guards red 996 GT3.2

NLW73

i do really love the colour of the GT2 RS wheels and am thinking of having a change from the gloss black at the moment.

the GT3 is a lovely wheel but the curves hidden by the black.

I think it will works on guards red? anyone good with Photoshop? ;-)

RS pics attached.

Attachments

• rs_side_162.jpg
    rs_side_162.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 8,446
  • rs_red_115.jpg
    rs_red_115.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8,446
I think that looks mint Nick......

My standard wheels could maybe do with a refurb and I was thinking a similar colour would look nice on mine as well.......

like this ?

:D

Attachments

• nlw73_154.jpg
    nlw73_154.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 8,210
Gold wheels will look good..

Is this close to white gold? I'm on a laptop with not the best screen for colour matching...

Gold should always go well with a red car...

Attachments

• white_gold_wheels_119.jpg
    white_gold_wheels_119.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 8,117
Another thumbs-up from me Nick, good combo :thumb:

LaSource said:
Is this close to white gold? I'm on a laptop with not the best screen for colour matching...

Gold should always go well with a red car...

Here is the original picture for comparison

Attachments

• c382714122011212855_3_416.jpg
    c382714122011212855_3_416.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 8,098
Nice work T, wasn't too sure about it when first mentioned, but that actually looks pretty good!

Defo better than black imo...

Stroller said:
Nice work T, wasn't too sure about it when first mentioned, but that actually looks pretty good!

Defo better than black imo...

Yes agreed, I think it should work. I have a set of black wheels which came with a previous (red) car and to be honest could never get them to work on anything :)
Think black hides too much of the detail on these. Lighter wheels also lift the red somewhat.

...red though, best colour for a 996 GT3 :)
I have always hankered after a yellow clubsport as well but never found a proper example when looking.

cheers fellas. yeah I think it will look good and better than black.

maybe not quite as bright as that but pretty close.

I have always hankered after a yellow clubsport as well but never found a proper example when looking.[/quote]

Would you still have another or have you moved on?!

Stroller said:
LaSource said:
I have always hankered after a yellow clubsport as well but never found a proper example when looking.

Would you still have another or have you moved on?!

Move on? Think me mad? ;)
I'm defo getting another 996 GT3 CS. The best of the lot for me if you intend to use enthusiastically - basically a 996 GT3 RS at half the price. Will need a few choice upgrades before she's ready to go.

markturner1960 said:
Interesting, what would you do?

I assume you are referring to my comment about upgrades.

1. Brakes (GiroDisc, Alcons, etc)
2. Dampers (3-way Nitron Race - Three adjustors are too much for us amateurs but the I like the quality of the system)
3. Motorsport diff
4. Cup 2 (or equiv tyres) on BBS LMs
5. RS wing
6. Cup steering wheel

The last couple of items are more aesthetic than essential, but it makes it a nice place to be. I kind of have most of these now so I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, sorry, I was....Hmmm, thats almost exactly what I have done to mine....its got Alcons, Cup wheel, Trofeo R's on LM's, Ohlins R&T and the RS wing. The previous owner had already installed the cage and factory buckets.

Are you going to the Porsche club no noise limit track day at Donnington? If so, I would be interested to see what you think of it if .....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back