Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Cayman/Boxster GTS

Hi isysman, yep I saw that one and was sorely tempted. However, I sent the garage a question and they never bothered replying, and I'm still kinda holding out for a grey manual at the mo.
Otherwise I might also have bought the manual, carmine red Boxster at Harbour Cars, which was a great price and went within days.

You've missed a cracker at RPM. All the options boxes ticked and very quickly reserved.

The guards red one? Guards red is on my list of showstoppers, I don't have the chutzpah to carry it off.

I think I'm on it with the normal ad sites. What I need is a grey, manual GTS owner to realise that the price of trading up to a GT4 may never get smaller. Especially for a cash buyer (with my cash in their pocket)...

You know it makes sense etc

Just hope Jonttt has not valued it or you'll need a good few extra bags :roll:

Buy a cheap GT4. You know it makes sense :grin:

I'm surprised how many GT4's on the market. I have no idea how many they made so maybe i shouldn't be. :roll:

GTS is more suited to road use than a GT4 ...... just sayin :wink:

Ps I've been driving mine 90% of the time in manual mode..... once you get used to it in practice you stop thinking about it and I love it :thumb:

507 UK GT4s, according to HowManyLeft.co.uk. All manual :cloud9:

I guess if you were lucky enough to get one for 65k new, the lure of stepping up to the next model after a year or two of free motoring in the GT4 must be pretty tempting.

If I had more kidneys/romantic services to sell, I'd definitely be looking at them. Alas, I'll need a GTS to tide me over until all the GT4s have done a million track miles and hit rock bottom. Hopefully, jonttt can keep GTS prices up until then :thumb:

bo_duke said:
507 UK GT4s, according to HowManyLeft.co.uk. All manual :cloud9:

I guess if you were lucky enough to get one for 65k new, the lure of stepping up to the next model after a year or two of free motoring in the GT4 must be pretty tempting.

If I had more kidneys/romantic services to sell, I'd definitely be looking at them. Alas, I'll need a GTS to tide me over until all the GT4s have done a million track miles and hit rock bottom. Hopefully, jonttt can keep GTS prices up until then :thumb:

And at the beginning I bet some of those were trading for overs but now??? Trading has died id say and its now moving to people who want to own them and I for one wont be paying 20k over list for one even if i can afford to or not. There are a host of other cars id have for £80+.

I remember reading the initial GT4 specs/reviews and thinking 65k was an absolute bargain/gift to (hopefully loyal) Porsche customers, especially given the GT badge and rarity. And after a play on the configurator, Id happily have had one with very few additional options.

To me, its desirability sits somewhere between a 996 Turbo/GT3 and a 997 GT3? Given the prices of those, and how new the GT4s still are, 80-85k sounds fair to me.

That said, there do seem to be a lot for sale right now, and age/condition isn't a huge differentiator (compared to older cars), so Id be hoping for a bargain from someone who wanted to sell quickly (e.g. because they are on the list for a new GT2 RS/GT4!).

This isn't helping me find my GTS though! Its not even helping me find out whether any manual, grey cars actually exist. :pc:

Life is too short, get a PDK and use it in manual mode with the flappy paddles, sooooo much fun :grin:

I can feel the summer/my life slipping slowly past. And I have a shortlist of PDK cars I'd look at first. But I'm not tired of the chase. Yet <clench>.

Lol another "high spec" porsche without climate control :hand:

You would think the OPC would inform a new buyer that is ticking so many boxes "you do know it does not have climate control as standard don't you"......"WTF"......"quite, yes the Dual Air OPTION actually means climate control sir"....."WTF its a £60k car"........"will sir be spending another £500 then ?"

Not unusual for just AC as by what I've seen. Agree how someone does not pay the extra for climate is beyond me. I've seen a few GT4 with no climate.

Also I thought I'd found the perfect Cayman S only for it not to have heated seats :eek: For what they cost why would somebody not spec it :dont know:

This GT4 is a good price, good colour and reasonable spec. OK so no sat nav but the nav is so outdated by today's standards its shoite :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back