Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo Tubi style exhaust

forever

Any interest, thinking of changing to one that i can mute, during my early starts to not annoy the neighbours :)

forever said:
Any interest, thinking of changing to one that i can mute, during my early starts to not annoy the neighbours :)

I have just completed a good run in my car, I was truly glad of the standard system, quiet and does not tire you out. I have considered a system that I can mute too, however reckon it will still be louder than standard so have not bothered, I may be wrong. I do know I am giving away weight and some performance though with 500bhp on tap how much does one need? At 90 on the motorway it sits dead on 3000 rpm and is almost inaudible. I have experience of that Tubi, its drony is it not?

I don't find it drony at all, but it is a lot louder than standard with a realot rasp after 5k..

I would also be surprised if you have 500bhp running a standard exhaust and cat...

forever said:
I don't find it drony at all, but it is a lot louder than standard with a realot rasp after 5k..

A lot of exhausts are made for and tested on manual cars. Were in the rev range you sit in a manual car is different to a tip as it has different gearing. Manufactures, well good ones do not want to make a droning exhaust therefore they will engineer any drone out at normal cruising speeds. A manual might cruise at 70 - 80 mph in 6th and 2,500 RPM put 5th in a tip would be 3,200.... I do not know the numbers and are making them up just to give an example of the theory involved.

I do not have experience of the tubi exhaust but make sure you get feedback from someone with the same gearbox.

As far as 500bhp from a zaust and a map it depends whether you are talking genuine bhp or not.... If most people tell me they have a XXXbhp car I take it with a pinch of salt. This is something I have learned in recent years!

If you want a switchable speak to 9e, best exhaust (for sound) available for a 996T IMO of course

I'd happily recommend a Carnewal, got one on my Turbo and it now sounds like it should.

No noticeable drone but I found it a very noisy car on a cruise as standard, lot of road noise.

I have a tubi exhaust on my turbo no drone at all, very quiet

Until you open the taps, then you can hear it

Good qualty exhaust and very expensive new

My Europipe drones. Sounds like a Darlec.

Any fixes for this at all?

I have tubi on my tiptronic 996tt, cant because happier.
Slight drone arpund 2500.
Sounds aomen fierce at high rev. Highly recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back