Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold BMW M3 M Performance Edition 1 of 30 ! ******SOLD*******

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroller

Hi All
I bought a stunning 2012 E92 M3 M Performance Edition in 'frozen' blue last year to replace my 996 GT3 but ended up keeping both. Unfortunately I can no longer justify having two 'garage queens' in the garage, when I'm running around in a 2004 Focus diesel as my daily driver!
I change my mind daily, but think the M3 will have to go....

For anyone interested I have no doubt this car will hold it's money and potentially be a great investment. This is why;

This car was registered in December 2012, and therefore one of the last M3 coupes (now M4's) and surely the last of the V8's ever to be produced (now V6 turbocharged). It is one of just 10 cars in the UK in frozen blue and one of 30 Performance Editions in total. The dash has a '1 of 30' laser etching denoting this. The other colours were frozen white and frozen red. They all have a satin / matte finish (white and blue were painted, red was a wrap for some reason). They were introduced as part of BMW's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic's. As it was a runout model, BMW used it to showcase their 'individual' options list. These cars were loaded with exclusive options as standard, list price was £74,000 !

They were fitted with the desirable Competition Pack suspension including EDC (electronic damper control) and a lower ride height. M-DCT (double clutch transmission) gearbox with paddles. As well as usual carbon roof, they were fitted with front corner carbon splitters and shadow line black highlights. It sits on genuine OEM 19" 359M CSL style rims and Michelin Pilot Sport tyres.

The interior is in Novillo black leather with Tobago blue stitching. It has M embossed headrests, and seats are electrically adjusted and heated. Piano black trim. Excellent quality Harmon Kardon Logic 7 surround sound with 13 speakers, DAB tuner stereo with Bluetooth, voice control, telephone and USB audio interfaces. Sat nav, dual zone climate control, cruise control, electric folding mirrors, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive xenon headlights, rain sensor wipers,

The only non standard part is the addition of a Cobra alarm with ADR card for increased security.

My car was registered by BMW and had one private owner before me. I'm the 3rd registered keeper. It has a full service history (including important running in service) with supporting invoices. It has recently been MOT'd and serviced by BMW Maidstone and wants for nothing. It has done 40,200 miles.

It is in immaculate condition and looks stunning. It is currently with Targa Florio on SOR. It is priced at £35,990. Please send me a PM for further info or photographs.

http://www.targafloriocars.com/used-car-bmw-m3-m-performance-edition-1743

The new M3/M4 has a twin-turbo in line straight-six not V6 !!

Good luck if you want to sell it, looks like a nice example. Personally I would sell the Focus and use the M3 as a daily.

MC

That looks stunning, what a colour!!!! :worship:

GLWS :thumb:

A stunning looking car, having seen it.

GLWS James, but MC has a point :grin:

pzero said:

MC makes a very valid point, I only wish I could, but unfortunately the M3 can't quite match the fuel economy of the rattly Focus!

Have tried to justify to myself keeping both, but I'm living on student food and looking around the house to see what I can put on eBay to raise a few quid!

Stroller said:
pzero said:

MC makes a very valid point, I only wish I could, but unfortunately the M3 can't quite match the fuel economy of the rattly Focus!

Have tried to justify to myself keeping both, but I'm living on student food and looking around the house to see what I can put on eBay to raise a few quid!

Sounds like we're overdue a breakfast - looks like I'm paying.

MisterCorn said:
Good luck if you want to sell it, looks like a nice example. Personally I would sell the Focus and use the M3 as a daily.

MC

Ditto. But they like a drink..

Loving mine though so i can forgive its thirst for the moment.

pzero said:
Stroller said:
pzero said:

Sounds like we're overdue a breakfast - looks like I'm paying.

Long overdue, and yes I think it is your turn to pay :thumb:

Senoj said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

It is a wonderful all rounder and actually very practical. Much more comfortable on a run than the GT3!

Stroller said:
Senoj said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

It is a wonderful all rounder and actually very practical. Much more comfortable on a run than the GT3!

I know this car from Cutters, its been a well loved example.

I would keep it all day long, have you had the exhaust mod done ?

Thanks Boba, yes I had the 2 pipe mod done virtually straight away. I do love the noise it makes especially on start up!

I have been agonising over which car to keep, there are strong arguments for both. Unfortunately I am not in a financial position to keep both though.

I know I will regret selling but needs must. I just don't want to give it away as it is such a fabulous example.

I'm open to offers, if buyer doesn't need finance/ dealer facilities...

Stroller said:
Thanks Boba, yes I had the 2 pipe mod done virtually straight away. I do love the noise it makes especially on start up!

I have been agonising over which car to keep, there are strong arguments for both. Unfortunately I am not in a financial position to keep both though.

I know I will regret selling but needs must. I just don't want to give it away as it is such a fabulous example.

I'm open to offers, if buyer doesn't need finance/ dealer facilities...

The reason I bought mine is because its one of 3 ever made, and 1 has been written off. I hate losing money on a car, so the aforementioned should help avoid that.

I think your car would be a wise choice to keep, it has everything going for it, to go up in value.

I agree..... Been trying to think of any friend/neighbour etc I could get to buy it, then I'd feel happier if it did go up in value.
I've got previous for selling cars just before they go through the roof so don't really want to do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back