Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - 'The Red Baron!'

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to read through this weighty tome. 'Project Blue Book' has now taken over my entire spare brain capacity, and all the things I didn't dare do on 'The Red Baron' I find myself planning for this new one :?:

Hi Guys,
So, by way of a bit of an update.....
I have finally gotten around to fitting heat to The Baron. The heater boxes have been back from the laser cutters for a while, but other things have somehow gotten in the way. So here are a few photo's to prove progress.....

So it's all got to fit around this bunch of bananas!

So managed to get a nice tight fit up and out of the way. The only thing to fit is the cross over pipe, which looks like it's going to foul the back box.
I think I need to cut and shape a slot out of the front and back to get it to squeeze in. I think it will be worth it though as the weather is on the change.
Laters taters :thumb:
The Red Baron

Class mate :worship:

Well by way of a running report....
The front oil rad has been leaking! I actually took it out and had it pressure tested which came back fine.However after the track day at Oulton Park there was a nice puddle under the car of Mobil's finest :oops:

So out it all had to come again....

So here's the culprit!

Band new spangly one from Germany for the delivered price of £224.00 not like the Porsche taxed item at £573.60 :eek:

So an afternoons work and a dry garage floor.
Nothing more to report....Chief......Over and out :bye:

Eggsellent work! The Baron flies again!

Happy Easter,
Paul

Ha, haar, I see what you did there our Paul :grin:

Paul, tell me, what oil are you running in Betty?
I have just used up the last of my heavy weight Mobil and as I have no track days planned, need to be using something thinner....
Such debate about oil, and there's me starting another one :?

Hola Mighty Chief,

I use Castrol magnetic 10w40 semi.

Erm, no comments about semi's, or oil for that matter chaps :grin:

New toy arrives Thursday, sneak preview:

Have a great weekend,
Paul

You're living the dream Paul :thumb:

Chief, Castro magnetic 10w 40 in all mine cos it's cheap at Costco :grin:

Just got a pair of 928 rear wheel bearings delivered from Germany for half the price of any UK supplier! And customer service is a lot better!

Chief Mobil 10W 40 .... Paul i would say that is a 2017 Macan Turbo performance :grin:

Thanks fellas,
I've just ordered some of the Milliners nanotec 5 W40 to have a go at.
Hopefully now the engine is leak free I won't loose any :?:
Enjoy you're chochie eggs the Easter :thumb:
Loving the wheels Paul, you are so glam :oops:

Ages since I have had a look here and I have to say Chief that your car is amazing. Lots of good DIY being done too which I am very poor at to my embarrassment!

Hi Thomas,
Yes, been a while old son.
I've been knee deep in Project Blue Book for forever. Poor old Baron has not been receiving much love of late, so thought I best do something about it
:grin:

You're living the dream Paul

Thanks Ian, it only seems that way mate :dont know:

Paul i would say that is a 2017 Macan Turbo performance

Observant you are Obi Wan :jedi:

Loving the wheels Paul, you are so glam

Can't wait for the rest of the car Chief, sorry for the hi-jack :worship:

Cheers,
Paul

SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT USES MY THREAD FOR PHOTO INFORMATION AND 'HOW THE HECK DO I DO THAT' AND 'WHERE DOES THAT BIT FIT?' INFORMATION....

THE GLORIOUS 'PHOTOBUCKET' THAT WILL BE THERE FOR ALL TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD IS NOW HOLDING US THE RANSOM.
I HAVE NO INTENTION OF PAYING TO HOST PICTURES ON THE 911UK SITE.

I CANNOT SPEND THE TIME CHANGING OVER AND LINKING IN ALL THESE PHOTOGRAPHS AGAIN.

AS THEY SAY "IT WAS NICE WHILST IT LASTED"

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GENEROUS COMMENTS, BUT THE RED BARON IS OUT OF HERE........ :coat:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back